Page 939 of 969 FirstFirst ... 439839889929937938939940941949 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,085 of 14529

Thread: GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyco View Post
    Right,

Thirdly, Logybear commissioned me to make a start on a model of AT&SF #3751 back in November of last year.
    That's where he got the driving wheel from.
    If there is any defects in the model I made for him compared to the real thing, it's because I did the entire thing from whatever photo's I could dig from the net.
    That, and I'm just an Aussie Weaboo and have no idea what I'm doing I guess.

This is how far I got with the model that Logybear commissioned me to draw of the ATSF loco.

Hate to see the forums go wobbly-legged like this over a simple case of mistaken identity.

So, in the wise words of WAR - "Why can't we be friends?"

Cheers,
    so is there a faint chance that someone might apologize for wrongly accusing Logybear ? hmmm ?
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by whitepass View Post
    Just a test.
    Hi Whitepass, has that model been made using Substance Painter? I'm trying it myself and have been reading your website.

hiyo

Quote Originally Posted by wayneshorter1965 View Post
    sub surface modifier if youre in blender
    Cool thank you !

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

I'm making it in Blender and the textures well be made in Substance Painter and Photoshop, Substance Painter does not handle lettering as good as Photoshop.

United States of America, Hamilton, Montana
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DON49PLM View Post
    If this is a picture of the bogie your doing. It has very few casting marks on it. The look you have now is more like the casting sat in a swamp for 20 year. Just sayin.
    Yeah, I believe you, I've been getting some insight for the height mapping to get it to look right.

United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area

Quote Originally Posted by logybear View Post
    Yeah, I believe you, I've been getting some insight for the height mapping to get it to look right.
    What you have there would look good sitting around the yard someplace.
    Don49plm

Quote Originally Posted by DON49PLM View Post
    What you have there would look good sitting around the yard someplace.
    Wow...you really don't like the idea of Logan modelling, huh? Yeah, i get it, he has a bad history, but come on, at the very least he's still trying to be productive. Heaven forbid we actually have more people modelling than leaving, right?

I get it. He's done some stupid stuff. But really, all of a sudden he attempts to model something on his own and all he gets is "wow, that looks like garbage, you should stop modelling". At least he still models trains instead of modelling literal piles of crap.

Blog Entries

Thanks man, I mean, It would be cool to see it at a builders yard, but I'm still figuring out Substance painter. I think I've got it down now. And I really can't go any finer, but I might lower the height detail level to counter it.
    Last edited by logybear; April 26th, 2018 at 08:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Okay, So here's a little adjustment work to it now. I think this is the best I can get with the limited knowledge I have with Substance Painter.
    Last edited by logybear; April 26th, 2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Modified Mesh

Someone must have dumped a bunch of sand in that cast because it's way too grainy.

Blog Entries

It's the best I could do with the little knowledge of Substance Painter I know, but I'm learning.

See the problem with substance painter is that you are applying one basic texture over the entire model which looks shoddy and unfinished. Although you are trying to capture the look and feel of a cast you are failing at the same time because it's too repetitive. Imperfections don't repeat. It would be easier to map it out properly, go into a program like Photoshop or Gimp, and actually texture the model like it's supposed to be. You'd be suprised at the results.

I got a bit distracted from all the other things I'm doing at the moment. Made this while avoiding writing a paper for one of my classes.
    Definitely not finished, but it's far enough along you should be able to tell what it is...I think.

-Ben
    Last edited by benjaminw; April 26th, 2018 at 02:34 PM.

1 Corinthians 10:31

I thank the one in 14078 looks just fine, and once you add the wheels and all the other stuff you notice it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightrain View Post
    Someone must have dumped a bunch of sand in that cast because it's way too grainy.
    You people are really good at constructive criticism. And people wonder why so many creators are leaving.

"Your model doesn't mean MY standards, so it looks awful."

I think the model looks pretty darn good.