GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Decided to build an original version first, then do the rebuilds. Lots going on with the rebuilds in the radiator area that isn't quite discernible through the available photographs I've found.

B40-8W-Original-1.jpg

B40-8W-Original-2.jpg

The closest exact prototype to what I have built is a D10h, specifically the "blanket" build number I am using for is the first MLW D10h, No. 1041. The D10e and D10f had larger cylinders.
Trying to nail initial placement on the new textures.
The D10 is interesting to me because it appears to be more akin to British steam locomotives in composition as opposed to many of it's other Canadian brothers and sisters who more closely resemble American models.

The D10 is interesting to me because it appears to be more akin to British steam locomotives in composition as opposed to many of it's other Canadian brothers and sisters who more closely resemble American models.
How so? It still has all the common tenets of American construction - wide, straight firebox, Walschaerts valve gear feeding outside cylinders, cast dome covers, bar frames, smokebox dogs...the only thing that really breaks with standard American practice is the placement of the illuminated number board, which was standard to CPR, and the use of an external arm to connect the expansion link to the eccentric rod.

How so? It still has all the common tenets of American construction - wide, straight firebox, Walschaerts valve gear feeding outside cylinders, cast dome covers, bar frames, smokebox dogs...the only thing that really breaks with standard American practice is the placement of the illuminated number board, which was standard to CPR, and the use of an external arm to connect the expansion link to the eccentric rod.
I guess British as a whole is a bit strong- the version you're modeling with the headlight above the smokebox door reminded me a lot of the Thompshon B1s, granted an "americanized" version of the B1s. They have similar cab shapes and wheel placements (I mean, they're both 4-6-0s but they both have that space between the second and third driver axle, which isn't uncommon among that wheel arrangement but still)...

I guess I just looked at it and said "hey it's a B1" instead of "hey it's a D10." It probably doesn't help that I'd never seen a D10 before this, but either way, that's what I thought. Some of the pictures of the real thing online have the headlight mounted on the smokebox doors and those don't trigger the B1 part of my brain.

After returning after 8 years I think some new containers are in order...

cont1.jpg

Here is the final version of the doors...

doors.jpg

Truth be told the top sides and doors of a container are the only parts not detailed in trainz. I dig photo texturing and always have but I also love a good 3D model as well :hehe:

Colorado71, I am just curious if you might consider skinning that water tank into the YVRR Merced Oil tank. Apparently it is unavailable to folks like me with the YVRR route. Granted it is not Colorado, and I do appreciate all the work you have done with Colorado towns!

I'm sure you'll find such an object already made, if you search well enough.
Best Regards,
Radu

Colorado71, I am just curious if you might consider skinning that water tank into the YVRR Merced Oil tank. Apparently it is unavailable to folks like me with the YVRR route. Granted it is not Colorado, and I do appreciate all the work you have done with Colorado towns!

Back