GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

G'day Arraial,

That's a delightful little villa you have there (completely unsuitable for any of my purposes but that's way of Trainz, unfortunately). The 3ds Max render looks brilliant but I suspect your "Normal Map" for the foundation stones has 'let you down' when you compare the 'original' render with the image output from PEV's Viewer. I would be interested to see how this one 'looks' in Trainz, if possible...

...you are, indeed, getting very good at this...

Jerker {:)}

A nice puppet face of a young Barack Obama...:hehe:

Obama ?

g'ice

Cornuto;)
dbevil1h7duwapmq9.jpg

Hello. Arraial, ...

they now know that the fire protection in Frankfurt / Western Germany is no longer present.
So they move the car out immediately.;)

Beautiful model. Perhaps even the wheels extruhieren something inside.

Until further WORKS Aiport in Houston ...

g'ice

dbairportmarikzl0vdcbue.jpg

I am building custom signals for the route i am working on. This is the first of many to come but i would just like to post this to get some feedback and opinions, keep in mind this is my first model so don't be too harsh, but be honest. :hehe:

Model-

Real-

Hope you enjoy! :)

also...i am wanting some advice on painting this model, as i am a novice at this. Any help would be appriciated. If you can be of help please see this thread...

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?85981-Need-Advice

Thanks!! :wave:

Last edited:
I would extend the base a bit below ground level so that if you place it on uneven ground, the bottom edge doesn't float in the air.

I am building custom signals for the route i am working on. This is the first of many to come but i would just like to post this to get some feedback and opinions, keep in mind this is my first model so don't be too harsh, but be honest. :hehe:

Model-

Real-

Hope you enjoy! :)

also...i am wanting some advice on painting this model, as i am a novice at this. Any help would be appriciated. If you can be of help please see this thread...

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?85981-Need-Advice

Thanks!! :wave:

Gotta wish someone would do that transmission/distribution line & guywires too!

FlatIron really doesn't produce UVW maps which would be considered acceptable for gaming, it's mostly useful for rendered scenes with masses of objects, like that city block pictured. If you want efficient and useful UVW maps for games, you have to do them yourself. It's a pretty neat plugin for what it is though!

Well is a tutorial for Vray 1.5 not intended to use FlatIron services only the vray render-plugin , i use always Scan-line render for baking maps and i made my unwrap uvw myself as well.
But i made some experiences with vray render for baking textures and they are considerable batter then scan-line render and gives more options but i steel learning the vray baking textures.
arraial

Last edited:
Thanks Ice,... i gonna make experiences with mental ray as well but you should test the Vray to, i know they are the slowest then all but the results are always amazing, but if you have a quad or bather this shouldn't be a problem for you.
arraial

Back