GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

This is very true, especially when it comes to mechanical parts and things like that. I often find the brakegear on a loco or coach bogie to be very interesting, as it's a very complex series of levers and rods, often interconnected in more ways than you'd think :eek:

Brake gear is interesting, but it's something that I'd been shying away from. Mostly due to a self imposed poly limit on the models. Started looking towards LOD lately to solve the problem and as it stands, I have quite a few early models that start out at LOD 3-5 anyways. :D

jcbumrH.jpg

~Dusten

Agreed. I have been attempting to navigate my way through modeling valve gears for many of my Southern locomotives but the process is very slow going.

Looking at photographs of the 4MT is a method you suggested before and it definitely has been a great help. I think my problem lies in utilizing blender to model pieces in the first place. When crafting mesh parts I struggle to come up with decent methods to craft parts with detail like on more professional models and usually end up relying on shade smooth/edge split to made the pieces more refined. I am improving slowly but things tend to move faster when I am given an example of how to go about modeling certain parts.

I just resolve to keep working on my models though. The frustration just comes from not knowing certain methods of design - but that's how learning goes! :)

First Class passenger car , from Allan & Co., Rotterdam (Netherlands) of 1952 ... (Around 45.000 polys , Blender 2.79 )

G'day mick 1960,

I don't understand your reasoning for not applying image tags around the link (or using the "add image" option available in the icons above the creation text boxes)
in your above post, so that we could all view it, here, like this..

2875-1b618190-large.jpg

...without the need to jump to another tab or window to do so? That looks to be an excellent model and I for one, if it were mine, would be all too eager to allow others ro see it as soon as possible...

Jerker {:)}

G'day mick1960,

Are you saying that the image I can clearly see when I look at my above post does not appear in that same post in your browser or that when you tried to display the image in your post, you could only see the image place-mark?

Jerker {:)}

G'day Whitepass,

I guess that is a possibility but knowing how any other language version works in Windows, I think it is unlikely to be the issue. No, that which bothers me the most here, is that Mick has copied and pasted my post into his to illustrate the issue that he has and that the image does not appear there as it should. Text inside
Code:
 tags (and that includes textural links, is reproduced literally).  Unless Mick has deliberately intended not to include the image in the reproduction (and the presence of the place-mark negates that possibility),  I am still at a loss.  Whilst I have your attention, would you be ever so kind as to confirm for me that the image DOES appear in my initial  post, above, in your browser...

Jerker {")}

Could be mick1960 is using a German Windows and the forum dose not like it.

Nothing whatsoever! The language Versions of Windows doesn't change the core of the code but the visible output. And by the way my whole software including Windows7 is english due to the time I was forced to migrate from the Atari ST to Windows 95 for professional reasons and the country I was working in couldn't provide German software and I was then speaking English almost all the time. Until today I try to avoid German translated software, because many times I don't get many of those ridiculous translations...

For along time I used image hosters for storing my pictures. As a result of their storage time regulations almost all of my blog articles here are now useless, because the images are gone...
So I started to use Aurans Trainz Gallery. For unknown reasons some of my images can not be uploaded there, even when the process seems to work without error. The images simply doesn't show up. So for rare occasions I use the gallery of my "Home Base" the trainz.de.

In my opinion the legions of scripts, trackers, canvas images and last but not least those shi... ActiveX-elements are the real culprits. If you wish to travel the internet at minimum risk, you simply can not use some web sites anymore...

mick1960!

Ups, today it works...

Kommissbrot.jpg

tachometer.jpg

Second Class with Mail/Baggage compartiment ,from Allan & Co., Rotterdam (Netherlands) 1952 ... (Around 55.000 polys , Blender 2.79 )

Back