Editing "32bit per pixel" Targas

stovepipe

Trainz Member
Hi,

Does anyone know of a freeware editor which will handle 32 bits per pixel Targa (.tga) files?

I normally use Irfanview but it will only save a 24 bits per pixel version of the file, unless I've missed something - which is entirely possible.

cheers
Stovepipe

Hi,

Does anyone know of a freeware editor which will handle 32 bits per pixel Targa (.tga) files?

I normally use Irfanview but it will only save a 24 bits per pixel version of the file, unless I've missed something - which is entirely possible.

cheers
Stovepipe

Hi stovepipe, Adobe Photoshop can save at 32bpp in targa format.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi,

cheers
Stovepipe

Hi stovepipe, Adobe Photoshop can save at 32bpp in targa format. Although it's not exactly freeware, you can get a trial version for, I think it's 30 days.

Cheers,
Bill69

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've got a plug-in now for Irfanview, so I can see/edit the alpha channel, but I still can't figure out how to save 32bpp.

I think i'll try those links next.

cheers
stovepipe

Hi Stovepipe,

Paint.net will save 32 bpp tga files. Personally I prefer it to Gimp. And it's free!

It's worth noting that Paint.net has lots of plugins created by various people and these can be viewed and downloaded free from the Paint.net web site. You can just pick the plugins you find useful. There are also tutorials and a forum.

Their web site is

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Go past all the rubbish at the top of the page and follow the underlined links in the main text (under the screenshot) for more info. The product is better than the website!!

Cheers

Chris

Back