Bristol Temple Meads

Years and the like

A reason why this is giving problems has appeared. The platforms are numbered incorrectly, but not so much that they will stop it working. I will sort that out before it goes up.
The track plan I am working from and the timetable are 1985, but the new Googled track plan is of course now....
There is a crossover missing on the new tracks, taken out by BR, that's why I (and you) am/are having the problems getting trains departing from (the now) pl 3/4 down, they cannot get to the down line..
The station layout is correct, pl 1 is by the Main Entrance but it is one of the terminal short ones and is used by Severn Beach trains. If these are through trains then they use pl 8 which is either up or down.
Pl up to 8 are UP and from 8 to 15 are DOWN. Generally speaking...
I am off to update the platform numbers now. 1 is east of the entrance, 2 is west of it, both terminal tracks. 3/4 are where I have 1/3 now, 4/5 should be 5/6. The other side of this platform should read 7 and 8. Next platform over is another double, 9/10 and the other side of it 11/12.
Then you have three tracks and a short platform number 13 with 15 the furthest one away. Don't ask me what happened to 14, I haven't a clue, it's not on the diagram!
The 2 very short tracks between platforms 5 and 7 are MS1 and MS2.

If you have the cdp best change the names accordingly. If you don't have double AJS stations on a platform number to the lowest, that would be 11 for 11 and 12.

Angela

I think I read on the page in above link that platform 14 was replaced by a signal box, not sure if the box is still there, will have to read again, John.

Boxes

I think I read on the page in above link that platform 14 was replaced by a signal box, not sure if the box is still there, will have to read again, John.

Hello John,
I don't think that box is there any more. I Google E'd that area and zilch! There might be a box nearer the MPD (or TMD or whatever it's called now, I am getting very confused with this station) although I placed a concrete building there. I might change it for a box.
The link was useful and it will also be useful for anybody downloading the route because it does say about up and down platforms, they are not a free for all.
There are limitations within Trainz to, our little trains don't have drivers, we rely on AI and we all know what that can be like around a complex junction.
Perhaps we are expecting too much from a game?

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

Angela

Bristol used to be numbered the other way round though (the old platform 12 is the current platform 1

Hello there,
Yes, you are right about that and thanks. I was sent an old track plan dated 1935 and it shows the numbers reversed on it.
The aim was to date this route at about 1985 so there is a good selection of traffic, even car trains I think, and the numbers had been reset by then.
But I still had them wrong, platform 1 is the short side of platform 2 I think, and the Severn Beach trains ran into it, maybe still do for all I know.
So you will need to renumber.....
BR took out a crossover on the west side which makes it difficult to work the 1985 timetable, which I have, so I have put that back in.
If you would like the TT I can s end it, I still have your mail address.

Angela

Hi Angela
If you could let me have the last version you have for BTM I will fiddle and send it back. Ive managed to get all platforms to take trains from all three areas also the platforms will send trains to all routes. I envy your dedication.

keith

The morning...

Hi Angela
If you could let me have the last version you have for BTM I will fiddle and send it back. Ive managed to get all platforms to take trains from all three areas also the platforms will send trains to all routes. I envy your dedication.

keith

Hi Keith,
Yes, I did to, but according to the track plan for 1985 (the era this is set in) there were Up and Down ones specifically. The track is now altered to the west of the iron road bridge to the diagram.
I shall attach the track plan for you and a timetable, but not until tomorrow now, I am tired out.

Many thanks for all your help,

Angela

Sorry if I caused offence Angela, non was meant, I just recalled that somewhere in past posts, a pic of you in combat gear & you mentioned your replica guns or model tanks or something along those lines.

It was just my attempt at humour. :(

Last edited:
None taken

Sorry if I caused offence Angela, non was meant, I just recalled that somewhere in past posts, a pic of you in combat gear & you mentioned your replica guns or model tanks or something along those lines.

It was just my attempt at humour. :(

Oh. I wasn't offended, it would take a lot more than that to offend me. I was just puzzled.

Blessings,

Angela

Bath Road Depot

Here are a couple of shots from the route and another because I need info on some objects in it.

First shot of the TMD...
BTMBathRd2.jpg

And another angle...
BTMBathRd1.jpg

Now the actual place. What I need to know is has anybody created those high lattice lamps? If so, what are they called because I haven't a clue!
BTMBathRD3.jpg

And a big thanks to Photobucket for hosting all my graphics. Ta...

Angela

Hi Angela,

Good to see you're tackling Bristol Bath Road TMD - just hope my PC is up to it!

Not exactly right but maybe try Light_Tower 144200:100164? It's on the DLS, in the SP3 section.

An alternative might be BR yard lamp Eastern Region, [FONT=Verdana, Arial]283805:2804004[/FONT] for TRS2004

regards
Stovepipe

Ta a lot!

Hi Angela,

Good to see you're tackling Bristol Bath Road TMD - just hope my PC is up to it!

Not exactly right but maybe try Light_Tower 144200:100164? It's on the DLS, in the SP3 section.

An alternative might be BR yard lamp Eastern Region, [FONT=Verdana, Arial]283805:2804004[/FONT] for TRS2004

regards
Stovepipe

Hiya Stovepipe,
I did get the Eastern Region one but will have a look at the other one you suggest. I got several but none are like those lattice stands.

Yes, Bath Road is up and running and tested. I never even knew it was there, well, the modern track plan doesn't show it of course. So with a little help from my friends it's in place now. A tight squeeze but it fits - just....

Angela

Sent

Not scent!

Trainzluvr (hope that how it's written?),
The route has been sent so you have the most up-to-date version and I hope the last one I shall alter..... it gets a bit ongoing otherwise, no light at the end of the tunnel etc....

Please let me know how you get on and remember to read the Author details, it has setup instructions in there.

Blessings,

Angela

Sent up

I have just sent the route cdp up to Auran, or in my case I suupose that's down to Auran seeing as they are in Oz and I in London!

This includes the Bath Road TMD better known (I am informed) as the Traction Maintenance Depot.
May I take this opportunity to thank all those that took time out to beta test this route and for the very helpful input I received that has resulted in the version that should grace the pages of the DS sometime in the future.
Thank you all.

And a special thanks to Snowhill who has been most helpful. THANKS for your advice.

Bless you all,

Angela

Crikey Moses!

Well it has to be said, Auran can really get a shift on at times. I only sent Bristol Temple Meads up yesterday and it is on the Download Station today.

A great big 'Thank You' to Auran for this extremely prompt action so that many more Trainz users can enjoy my latest creation.

Bless you all,

Angela

Angela,

Setting this route in TC3 before migrating this one + others to '09.

Had to replace a few sheds you used by Natvander (61119) which in '06 are built-in(?) but protected from editing for some reason. Makes them unable to be moved to a diferent platform. Not a problem to replace them though!

However there is one asset I have been unable to source:-
132574:39000
It is an item made by Patricia_B and I do have access to her site but cannot find it. Could you please let me know what it actually is and / or where it can be located.

Thanks Angela for your excellent work - love the smaller English towns type of layout and in particular the buildings etc made by Domsarto.

Keep up the good work..............
Laurie Whelan

MB Actros

Angela,

Setting this route in TC3 before migrating this one + others to '09.

Had to replace a few sheds you used by Natvander (61119) which in '06 are built-in(?) but protected from editing for some reason. Makes them unable to be moved to a diferent platform. Not a problem to replace them though!

However there is one asset I have been unable to source:-
132574:39000
It is an item made by Patricia_B and I do have access to her site but cannot find it. Could you please let me know what it actually is and / or where it can be located.

Thanks Angela for your excellent work - love the smaller English towns type of layout and in particular the buildings etc made by Domsarto.

Keep up the good work..............
Laurie Whelan

Hello John,
The item is MB Actros Harsch Transport and I believe is no longer available. I discovered this early on and thought I had removed all offending assets.
Did you download this version from the DS or is it one I sent to you please?

Bless you,

Angela

Your knight in shining armour is back to help you out again Angela.......:hehe:

If you go onto Patricia's website and register, then on the Download page scroll down to the bottom to vehicules and in there is a pack called MB Actros, and within the pack is the lorry MB Actros Harsch on kuid:132574:39000.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Back