Junee to Hay

mattm

Doing my best.
Hello, i am in a spot of bother and need your help, if possible.

Have recently discovered (by accident) that there are a number of wonderfully modeled routes on the DLS, that, if merged, create the NSW southern railway line. I have downloaded a number of these routes, and have started combining them into small sections, which leads to my question.
I have downloaded the 3 Hay Branchline modules, and the Junee-Bethungra sections to merge together. However, i cannot seem to make the first Hay module merge to the Junee section. Could someone please explain to me how this is done? Am i missing a section, perhaps, or do i have to modify the two layouts so they fit together?

Thank you very much for that, however it's not quite what i want.

I already have that map sitting in front of me on my desk. My problem is when i come to merge the two sections (Hay Branch1-Junee) together. I cannot quite get the two sections to fit together in a way that doesn't require extensive modifications to the two sections. The two end sections are at different elevations, which is odd as they are made by the same person (PGibbons), and are designed to be merged as part of Southlines.

Thanks again, your assistance was much appreciated wreeder.

I have merged the two sections (Hay Branch1-Junee) together and some time ago and do not remember any problems.

I will have a look tonight and see

Regards

Jeff

Before you merge the two sections (Hay Branch1 to Junee) together you will need to add 1 baseboard to the junee layout and then merge Hay Branch 1. Connect the track and then adjust the level (the difference is minable)

Regards

Jeff

Oh, riiiight! Now you mention it, i do kind of remember seeing that somewhere. Whoops, my biggie. Now i just have to learn how to edit a route so that the transition between the two isn't glaringly obvious.

BTW, slightly off topic, but would any one know where i could get timetables and such for the various lines, and who makes decent freeware NSW content, as i need some more locos.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Oh, riiiight! Now you mention it, i do kind of remember seeing that somewhere. Whoops, my biggie. Now i just have to learn how to edit a route so that the transition between the two isn't glaringly obvious.

BTW, slightly off topic, but would any one know where i could get timetables and such for the various lines, and who makes decent freeware NSW content, as i need some more locos.

Thanks again for all your help guys.
Not sure about Timetables, but for Aussie content keep watching the "Australian Screenshot" thread here;

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=189

There is some great content being made that you may be interested in.

Craig
:):):)

Hi mattm,
With regard to you seeking timetables for NSW lines then you might like to visit the ARHS web site at the following address. They might be able to help in your search.

www.arhsnsw.com.au

Cheers
Russell.

Merge June & Hay

Its so long since I built these routes I had to check for myself again. Junee was built using HOG and my primitive methods which meant thet some ground elevations were wrong and at the time I never intended to build the Hay Branch. A little bit of work is required however as follows...

There is no need to add or delete any baseboards from either route when merging. Just line up the final straight section of track in Junee with the beginning of the Hay branch route. After the merge you need to delete the final left hand track curve from Junee and connect the track direct to the Hay branch track. This section should be level at 280M and straight.

You just need to level the track, delete the backdrop and smooth out the tarrain to 280M along the join, add a few trees and it should look OK. I thing the rest of the Hay Branch & Griffith section is easy to merge and only requires joining track, road etc and a bit of cosmetic work to get it right.

Good luck and let me know if there are any problems.

PG

Last edited:
PG your right the rest of the Hay Branch & Griffith section is easy to merge with only the joining of track, road etc.

I have just imported the whole of Southlines + branch lines etc into 2009 however I have found that all the signals that I have programmed with junction names was losted. It loks like I will have to start again

Jeff

Jeff
I believe that type of data is stored in the Session so try exporting that from your '06' version and importing it to '09'. it should show up attached to the route.
PG

PG

It appeared to be ony one section and it did not take long to fix.

However I have also found some assets are faulty in 2009 with no errors in 2006, eg Wagga Station and a number of NSWGR locos (45 class) and rolling stock.

Regards

Jeff

Back