TRS2006 Service Patch 1 installing very slowly.

mbv67

Epoche IV
Hello everyone I'm am in the process of installing service patch 1 for TRS 2006 for my TRS2006 game. So why is it going to take a whole day just to install? I saved it to my computer and I read the installation guide and It's been 5 hours since so my patience is really blowing since it only has gotten 14% done.

The slowdown at around 11 to 14 percent is normal.

Just let it finish.

Get some soda or coffee or take a nap.

You are applying SP1 from a clean install of 06.... right?

Have fun,

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with SP1's installation either, but I think just about everyone has had it. And yeah, 14% is about where mine came to a roadblock. Unfortunately, the only answer, like aardvark said, is patience. One of my suggestions I guess would be, if you're tired of waiting, install SP1 when you go to sleep at night so nobody is doing anything while its working on it.

Just be sure, when you install it, that you've done a whole reinstall of 2006 and have not run it yet, because then it gets screwed up.

I reinstalled it before I saved SP1 to my computer and I didn't run TRS2006 before I was installing it so I'm going to try it again.

If you have already tried to install the patch and it bombed I would be starting from a completely fresh un-install > re-install of TRS06 rather than trying again...

Hey mbv,

I didnt have any problems when I patched my version of TRS06 but if I remember correctly I read that its better to install it from a drive that doesn't contain your original Trainz installation. I copied the service pack to a USB stick and installed it from there and it didn't take more than 30 minutes

Andy

Back