editing saved session

Aarow

I hope this helpful community helps my issue :)
Let me explain it clearly and as fast as i can; i have been playing on "sessionA" on "mapB" for a while that i used to save my sessionA to named saving: "saveA" (for example). Now i want to change my saved session "saveA" in surveyor. Is this possible? or not.. If yes how ? Thanks in advance..

I hope I understand what you're asking.

You cannot change a SESSION in Surveyor, not that I'm aware of anyhow. Even if (in Surveyor) you change something in your ROUTE, when you go and load a saved session, those changes will not be visible.

In other words, Saved Sessions will load with exactly the same items (buildings, tracks, switches, trees, etc. etc.) that were in your route when you saved the session. You in essence go back in time.

Hi Arrow,

Firstly lets define which you are using? Is it a "Session" that you created yourself in Surveyor for AI or is it a "Scenario/Session" that you downloaded or was built in to the game?
If it is the first example then you can edit the commands etc by altering the Driver set-up while in surveyor and saving with a new name by "Save As....".
If it is the second example then as far as I know, it is not easy and may be impossible to change unless you are the creator.

The third possibility you might be referring to is when you exit from a driver session you are asked "Do you want to save?" and I cannot help with this as I don't know if it is possible to edit that example.

Cheers
Russell.

Firstly the session does not keep the buildings, trsacks etc, this is stored in the map the session has trains and schedules, rules etc. Open the session config and change the name or as said earlier save as a different name.

Oh thanks guys, when i talked about session i meant about the session in driver menu; the saved game i mean that i played for a while.. and i can see now that it is impossible to change something at my saved game(my problem: i have some derailments and i have not set the option to clean up derailed cars when i builded my route and begin to play). As far as i could only get to file document in my local: ".../TRZ2009/cache/sessions/(saved games list here)", there seems no way to change these ".SAVE" files. It would be nice if we were able to do so..thanks again :eek:

btw i am wondering that, in case of a reinstallation of TRZ, will i be able to get back to my saved games by just backing up "TRZ2009/cache/sessions/(saved games)" folder (with also backing up local folder etc. what is needed to restore the assets)??

You can change the ground in a saved game but just a little. The .gnd file can be altered carefully, and replace it in the saved session bit the rest screws every thing up. Backup everthing if ya gonna try it. I do it quite a bit and get away with it.

Sure wish they would come up with an editor for saved games though.

Cheers

Lots

Oh thanks, and yes R701 Rusty i am talking about your 3rd guess the save game wwhen u try to quit game and been asked to save the game? :D
i am still looking for an answer if i can backup these saved games.

Back