Helpdesk Knowledgebase Expansion

Please help - Install problem

I downloaded all 5 gb of the setup files today. When I go to install I get source file corruption errors. Please help!! Anyone have this problem? I need customer support and cannot get a response from anyone.

Jamie
jamiemcgann1@gmail.com

cmon fellas
you are adding stuff to the help desk and I am still waiting for a reply from 28 May about my trainz 2010 which I have not received yet

the caretaker:'(

hi i hope some one knows this answer.

i downloaded the nzgr k88 from trainzone and i and having problems. when the zip program came up it cane with all of these files and i dont know how and what to dao to extract it

help its eurgant
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:confused:

Put them in your Custom folder (TRS2004).
Create a convenient folder, put them in there and then import them from there to CMP2 (TS2009).

OR

This loco is now available on the DLS. Try downloading from there.

Bill.

Last edited:
:n: Hi there, I'm not exactly new to trainz2009, but I'm having a hard time with the Download Station, I've managed to download stuff, but when I try to place them on a route, there selection shows up red, for instance I've downloaded the BR 14xx, but it wont show up.

Also contentManagerv2.0 always gives the same message, ex:
Unable to downloade Bacyrus Erie 250t crane. couldn't obtain a download URL. Item cannot be found on the download station. Can some one please help?

It has been 38 days since I posted this problem and yet everyone else's problems are being taken care of, why can't anyone help?:n::n::n:

It has been 38 days since I posted this problem and yet everyone else's problems are being taken care of, why can't anyone help?:n::n::n:

It's because the content doesn't work, that's why. Running in Compatibility Mode (I think 09 has one, I know TS2010 does) might fix that. Apart from that, you need to learn to repair content. There's a thread in which I actively participate in the 2010 forum which discusses some strategies, see below. Auran (and others, through the TARM project) are looking at fixing all content on the DLS to make it error-free as far as TS2010 is concerned, but nothing has begun. I have repaired more than 500 assets myself and run my Trainz in Native mode. Either step up and start learning to fix content or wait for "official" fixes to be made available - probably a few years down the road.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=56002

Click on the button at the top right, DOWNLOAD STATION

The you are there, do a search for some items, then download them.

As you have TS2009, it can also be done from Content Manager. When Starting Trainz, select Content, that takes you to Content Manager (CM)

Open the tab Download Station and drag a couple of items from that screen into the Download Helper box (on the left), these will then download and install themselves.

Last edited:
thanks for the help, but I'm now having a slightly different problem, you see I managed to download some material from the content manager, and now when I try to download, the Item I'm downloading becomes a red bar and says unknown content error. Something just doesn't seem right???

Download it using the website from the download station.

http://www.auran.com/trs2004/dls.php

Search for the kuid there, download and install it manually.

Sometimes things go wrong using cmp.

Had that a few times myself.

see my other problem is that both Internet Explorer and Firefox keep giving me a different message saying unable to download can't find specific program, any tips, tricks, or help you can give me?

Why are there no trucks driving on the roads in Trainz? Seems that at home in Nova Scotia we see more trucks than in TRS2006!

help

i have trainz 2006. i cant open train map or get in the paint shed.when i do try i get err.i dont no if my pc or if there something i can down load.i did try the patch.it didnt work.i saw others people had the same plm. i hope you can help thank you
my email is phil_cash2000@yahoo.com

First thing you should do is register your copy of Trainz.
To update your Trainz Version; you have to buy a newer one.
To change the Trainz-Build number of a kuid; edit it with CCP and save it.

Bob

The exact build number (patch level, really) is at the bottom-right when you first launch Trainz. I believe the latest version shipping is build 42203, which means it has Service Pack 2 already applied. The latest version you can update to is 44088, which includes SP3 and a subsequent update.

FYI, don't feel like you have got to run right out and patch your Trainz to the latest version; patches often introduce new bugs and SP3 was no exception. Personally, I like to wait at least a few months or until the next Service Pack is out before applying a newer one (this applies to Windows as well) before updating - and if the new patches introduce unacceptable bugs, I'll skip it altogether.

HOW DO I GET MY TRAINSTO STOP AT THE STATIONS ALLWAYS STOP SHORT? GCRRX:p

A train that stops short may be braking too fast. This can be adjusted by going into the locos engine spec config file and reducing the Decel figure.

If your stopping point is simply a track marker .......... then move the marker.

Also ensure that you do not have signals interfering with the trains stopping position.

Hope one of the above helps.

Colin.

Back