Helpdesk Knowledgebase Expansion

ZecMurphy

Community Assistant
Hi Everybody

As part of the new helpdesk system that was introduced in April, we have access to a knowledgebase. We are slowly working on building this up, so as to allow people to find answers to problems that they may be having.

As of now, there is only a limited amount of information included on it, and although it is being worked on, this is going very slowly. As part of this, we would like to request the assistance of the community in building this knowledgebase up. Please keep in mind that it is only intended for technical support, and not for content creators. Content creators should be using TrainzDev for any problems they may be having.

If you feel that you have had a problem, which has been solved, that you would like to see included in the Knowledgebase, please submit a ticket to the helpdesk. Not all submissions will make it to the knowledgebase, and some may be added to existing articles. This is so that it can still be kept as an easy to use system. Same goes that if you feel an article needs to be changed, please submit a ticket and we will look into it.

To access the knowledgebase, click on 'Helpdesk' at the top of this page, then click on 'Knowledgebase'.

We thank you for helping us with this, so as to make it easier for new users to find solutions to their problems.

new to trainz

I'm a noobie...sorry so I'll ask a lot of stupid questions until I get going.
1st ... how do you create cars moving on roads

Hi unclecharles1

When you create a route, you will need to select a region other than default.

If you want to change the region on a map that you have already already created, then create a new map and use the 'merge route' tool (found in the drop down menu on the top toolbar) to merge the existing map into the new one. This will change the region to that of the new map. Now delete the blank baseboard, and save.

Apossible explaination for the lack of Amtrak locos being included with TSR04 & TSR06

I'[m getting mad as a wet hornet what withall of these download problems & have just given up trying to get the amtrak locos for both TRS04 & TRS06.

I downloaded the files from DLS & they STILL aren't installed & paintshed is also way too complicated for me to use especially if you have to import skins via the content manager since that program doesn't seem to be working right at all.

Why didn't Auran simply include the amtrak locos as part of the game from the start? I think I have the answer....could it be that Amtrak wouldn't give them the rights to use their trademarked name & logos? I seem to recall that when rollercoaster tycoon2 (RCT2 as it's also known) debutted the six flags scenarios included with the game were missing certain signature rides,this happened because the programmers/developers couldn't gain the rights from DC comics to use the trademarked characters that the missing rides(in the real world at the parks modeled in the game) are themed after.///case in point the SFMM scenario.In the real park there's a coaster called "Superman the escape",sure the ride is included in the SFMM scenario in the game but the superman part is simply dropped from the name & it's known simply as "the escape".

Long story short I believe,as I said above that the situation that applied to RCT2 also applied to the trainz franchise as well.Sorry for the longwinded rant but I just had to vent my frustrations somehow.

Hi Mikeinva
Please send us a ticket to the helpdesk if you are having trouble with the downloads. This will allow us to go into further detail with trying various things to try and fix the issue.

For content (including built-in content), most of this is made by 3rd party creators. As such, the content included reflects the items that go with the routes and sessions that are included.

Of course, if you wish to use a specific item that isn't included, then you can download this. You may find the item on the DLS, or on a 3rd party website for download.

Quick resolution of ticket

Zec thanks for the quick and clear resolution to my problem, "Unable to download..."

I appreciate that your response to my ticket included details on what to do next time to re-establish DLS connection.
Irving :)

I have purchased Trains 2010 online and due to the poor payment procedures, two times the amount has been debited from my credit card. I have made the payment on 13th Feb 2010 and till date the product has not been despatched. The website displays the message, 'Shipping pending'. I have sent more than 4 to 5 SOS emails as well as complaints and to date no response from the http://www.auran.com
Can someone tell me if this portal is a legitimate portal for the Trains 2010?
S. Joseph Winston:(

I have purchased Trains 2010 online and due to the poor payment procedures, two times the amount has been debited from my credit card. I have made the payment on 13th Feb 2010 and till date the product has not been despatched. The website displays the message, 'Shipping pending'. I have sent more than 4 to 5 SOS emails as well as complaints and to date no response from the http://www.auran.com
Can someone tell me if this portal is a legitimate portal for the Trains 2010?
S. Joseph Winston:(

At the top of this page is a link for Helpdesk. That is the best place to leave a note. Note they are running about four days behind at the moment.

www.auran.com is the correct web site but one of the email addresses no longer functions because of spam.

Cheerio John

ty JohnWhelan, I knocked the door many times. i raised more than 4 tickets since 13/02/2010 and till date no reply from them and the amount is also debited two times from my credit card account. Expecting at least a status msg/reply indicating the refund of excess amount debited and also the tentative schedule of the despatch of the product ( as it has already taken more than 10 days with no reply).
Joseph Winston:(

You should immediately contact your credit card company and have them delete the 2nd charge as fraud. This will start the process to remove the 2nd charge and will not effect your relationship with Auran.

Bob

At last a response from Auran. Thank You MR Zec Murphy. Anyways in my credit card bill, it is reflected two times debit $59 AUD. I shall use your reply (denying the second time debit), to fight out the fraudulent act of the credit card exchange.
Thank you so much for the action though a bit delayed.

with love
winston

TRS09 vs. Windows 7

All my simulators (TRS06/09)are located on my D drive not my C drive. I recently upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate on the C drive. TRS06 works perfectly. However, I cannot get TRS09 to do a full start. I do get the register screen that ask for the serial (CD) number which I can complete. AFter that, I get an update screen saying there's a patch available. I select yes and it downloads and I choose to install it. I get an error message saying that I need Directx 9. I have directx 11 installed with a nvidia 8800GT card. I searched the forums about any issues with Win7 of which I found none of. Any suggestion is helpfull ,......thanks.

IGo:(

Wondering if I can get Help.

My story is that I have an edition of Trainz 2006. It's on a separate network drive, that I plug into my Dad's computer.

I have never bothered registering the Serial Number of Trainz. But when I did, I got some kind of bugged message saying that the Serial Number was already registered. The copy I have was never used by anybody else, and My parents got this online. That and various times I tried downloading anything from the Download station, I've been told I need a serial number. I DO, but no matter how many times I attempt to DO so on account, I keep getting that error message again.

Not entirely sure what to do here. Nor am I certain there are still people out there who provide support and/or help to people who still use 2006. I've sent multiple messages to the people who are supposedly OUT there for help, and I get no answers. ANY advice on how I can fix this situation would be greatly appreciated.

- Amalockh

Back