My WIP Routes for TS2009.

First up is my Great Burlington Northern route.

Trainman10_20090721_0005.jpg

Trainman10_20090721_0004.jpg

Trainman10_20090721_0002.jpg

Next is my BNSF Seattle Subdivision Winter route. It is the route I am working on for the 2009 Route Builders contest.

Trainman10_20090725_0001.jpg

I will post more screenshots of my WIP routes as new routes are created or these ones are updated.

I like to place trees, use the "Randomly Rotate Assets" in the Surveyor drop down box. And use several different genus of trees (6 or more) all varyed in height. To avoid the semetrical checker-board look, try to place trees as mother nature does, not in an array, but wherever the seed drops. I also move my trees up and down to get that uneven treetop realistic look. Also I never place trees where they are intended to be finish located...instead I lay 50 or so, vary each of their individual heights, and drag and drop them into exact desired locations.

Fact: Did you know that Alabama and Mississippi are the leading producers of telephone pole tree farms ! Vast forestry expances of all in a line arrays of the same type of quick growing pine trees.:cool:I think toothpick trees are grown on HO train platform tree farms ?

AKA: Cliff Claven-TV Show: Cheers

Last edited:
Back