forcenut53

hi,was wondering if some one could help me? i'd like to
design a small hump yard but am unable to get the
ground to gradually rise up to the hump & then to slowly
drop again into the hump.i can get the ground to rise &
fall but its mountains & valleys.not even ups & downs
thanks for the help

Getting the Hump

Lay your track, open Track 'Advanced' tab, top row third button from left 'Add Spline Point' add spline point at the position of where you want the hump peak. Next top row far left button 'Adjust Spline Height' cursor over the inserted spline point and raise it to the required height. Next far right top row button 'Smooth Spline' left mouse click on the track either side of the spline point you inserted and you have the beginning of a hump yard. follow the previous post to get the auto uncoupler and control. Add some points (switches if you are colonial) a few sidings and voila! :Y:

Be aware when humping (ooer).

Some vehicles I have come across (Vanfits and Conflats spring to mind) seem to automatically apply the brake when detached from a consist and everything else piles into them.

Cheers

Ian Hudson
Birmingham UK

And some of the tankers and centerbeams actually have the words written 'DO NOT HUMP' (Why does that sound just slightly wrong?) The British carriages have an automatic handbrake that applies as soon as it isn't a consist anymore.

Getting the Hump Part 2

Hi

Forgot to mention that it makes sense to add retarders to the sidings.

The hump yard kit with all the bits you need including a set of instruction in PDF format can be downloaded courtesy of TPR @ http://trainzproroutes.com/downloads/index.php?act=view&id=427

Alternatively download 'Matlin Hump Yard' KUID262137:100093 from the DLS and have a look in Surveyor how they have built one. :wave:

Does this hump yard kit still work for TS2009?

I have used it in TRS2006, and it worked, but in TS2009 it isn't working for me?

The asset comes up in CMP, as being fine, I go in game, create a brand new route, build a small test humpyard, and place the humptower down
click on the ? and query the humptower to set u my yard, and set up all the buffers and retarders and switches.. etc but nothing there. i just get a blank object properties window where the only thing i can do, is change the name.

This is the case for both the yardtower and humptower. The retarders are actually working fine.

Last edited:
Yes it works in 2009. I have it on all my routes.
I don't set it up to forward rolling stock because I have no need for that,but I can run a train and hump switch all the rolling stock and make up new trains to send off. Lars has a sample humpyard on the DLS you can download and practice with. I'll look up the kuid and post it back on here later ok. I can't get the kuid from my files as my routes have my own kuid number. You should search on the DLS for humpyard or LARS

Bob

Last edited:
I recently updated to the latest humpyard kit.

kuid2:30671:23301:1 kuid2:30671:23302:2 kuid2:30671:23305:1 kuid2:30671:23313:1 kuid2:30671:69010:1 kuid2:30671:90000:1

from http://trainzproroutes.com/downloads/index.php?act=view&id=427

I was specifically interested in the destination feature.

When I imported the kit into CMP it asked me if i wanted to overwrite some files. I said yes.

I have tried deleting the items and re-downloading and reimporting them, but to no avail. :-/

The reason being is that, while I do enjoy humping (hehe) and shunting trains, I also enjoy driving them and watching them. Especially on a large busy route.

I don't want to spend all of my time shunting and doing yard work, when I have so many trains on the go, and so may yards to service. I understand that I will almost constantly be having to assign autopilot commands to couple and go to industries and such - but I would like the sorting of new trains to be done automatically. This way I can just find a nearby locomotive which isn't busy, and assign it to take a series of cars to the next yard or to their destination.

Wow! I have really never seen such a complicated method of creating an account as I did at TPR. Not only do you have to create an account (with matching Auran username & KUID) but in order to download you have to create yet ANOTHER username/password.

I'll have to see if the hump yard will work properly in my installation of TRS2009. I also have 2006 and 2004 so it should work on at least one.

Bill

There are two versions of this kit. The newest and most advanced will not (ironically) work on TRS2006 or TS2009. This is the version in the download section.

The older version you need to search and find in the forums. This version works with 06 and 09.

Note that if you have already installed the new version and it doesn't work, you need to go into CMP and remove or delete the humpyard kit before installing the old one, as CMP will otherwise assume you already have a newer version and ignore the old one.

There are two versions of this kit. The newest and most advanced will not (ironically) work on TRS2006 or TS2009. This is the version in the download section.

The older version you need to search and find in the forums. This version works with 06 and 09.

Note that if you have already installed the new version and it doesn't work, you need to go into CMP and remove or delete the humpyard kit before installing the old one, as CMP will otherwise assume you already have a newer version and ignore the old one.
I purchased Trainz Sim for Mac. The Train simulaltor was released in December 2011. Is that Hump Yard App still available. Made my own hump yard and ran some tests. I need retarders. Help?

For another route set up with retarders and tower download the route UM Humpyard by BigBern on the DLS to get the correct Humptower and retarders, don't get the ones with :2 in the kuid. I think those are at TPR.
Dean

Back