Old Central Railroad of New Jersey/NJDOT Passenger Cars.

mbv67

Epoche IV
Does Anyone know about the old passenger cars that were used during the Central Railroad Of New Jersey/NJDOT/Early NJ Transit Cars that were painted dark blue with a huge yellow stripe that had a NJDOT logo at the end near the Doors are? They were seen behind Ex-CNJ Gp40P's and those old Gp7's that were used in Passenger service.

Never saw these, know of any pictures? I only know the CNJ cars on DLS and read a story with a picture they were running old GN and NP cars before they were absorbed into Conrail but neither of those are blue. Maybe they were old B&O?

Like those except they are dark bluish and have a yellow stripe on top of the windows like in this link (the passenger cars right behind the ex-CNJ GP7 are what I'm talking about.)
viewphoto.php

I saw pictures while looking for something else last night. Appears this coloration was used on both Heavyweight and Lightweight cars, I might have seen a baggage car.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]those passenger cars were Reading Class PBm coaches as well. If someone has produced one of those it would be a good starting point to change the colors. In fact most of the CNJs commuter fleet was reading influenced at the very least as for the longest time the reading railroad had a controlling share of the CNJ.
[/FONT]

Back