touchscreen monitors

nzld

Just a thought,

Have 2 monitors one standard LCD and one touchscreen, set your standard display to show your cab view and move your drivers, map etc... to the touchscreen.

You could change points with a touch, select drivers (and see all of your drivers at once) at $400 USD for a touchscreen ($1800 NZD way to pricey for me) that could bring a whole new level of fun to the game.

nzld :D

Just a thought,

Have 2 monitors one standard LCD and one touchscreen, set your standard display to show your cab view and move your drivers, map etc... to the touchscreen.

Funny you mention this idea, as I am trying something simliar on a tablet PC, although the pen interface is a downpoint, it could be easier to control. As of yet, as it is soo old, I haven't got 04 on it yet.

Something to consider would be the implementation of the freeware application "Touch-Buddy" which allows you to create a control panel to mimic Trainz buttons and controls that you can use with your touch screen.

http://www.touch-buddy.com/forums/faq/18-master-faq.html

I use it myself with quite a few different games and it really does make for a higher level of immersion in many and also simplifies many of the command menu's that some games have.

Best wishes,
Palehorse1

Windows 7 has built-in touch screen support. Perhaps somebody has knowledge of the possibilities there.

Back