! marks on derailment...

This isn't the case of Mr. Weber being rude. It's just that typed and written communication is sometimes difficult to express what one has to say, and sometimes there is unintended intonation in a message, which can be felt by someone asking the question.

His answer was a bit curt, but answered the OP.

Perhaps if he had said try the Rerail Portal (Kuid: xxxxxLxxx.xx - whatever the number of xxx's there are) because they can't be removed. Would have been a bit more of an answer. However, I understood exactly what he had said in his very short answer, and I didn't find it rude.

Regarding a thank you? This seems unfortunately to be a thing of the past for some reason for many people.

John

If you want to create a permanent wreak scenery you can place non-drivable traincars. There are some such traincars on the DLS or you can easily create your own by editing the traincars config.txt file from kind traincar to kind scenery.

Bob
Ok. I calmed down. How can I make the cars tip? I do the Shift+Rotate but It won't let me so what do I do?

Last edited:
It was clear to me from epa's first post that he wanted to get rid of the "!", not the consist.
The good news is if you upgrade to TS2009 there will no longer be a "!". It has been replaced by a "X". ;) :hehe:
Yeah I've seen it on youtbe trs2009 vids with derailments, Then I'd be shouting about that!

Ok. I calmed down. How can I make the cars tip? I do the Shift+Rotate but It won't let me so what do I do?

Can't tell you off the top of my head but there's a tag you can put in the config file of said scenery item railcars. I'm guessing you could find that in the CCG. :)

To stir the pot a bit.
I use the 'derailed vehicle eraser' rule that removes the train and gives the driver the sack.

I have it set to disappear instantly but I think that can be adjusted.
I found that the Rerail Portal in 2004 was a bit unreliable as it didn't always bring back the same consist so that you end up with duplicate consists on the route. Plus rerailing it could be at the other end of the route, that didn't suit the way I run Trainz in a dispatcher operation.

As far as the red exclamation points, and "erase the derailment rule"...IDK

When they do happen, run a wreck train with a crane car, to simulate a clean up crew. Make drivable super-adaptors for fire, rescue and wreck crew trucks, to respond to the scene, with invisible tracks laid on drivable roads.

In HO derailments, just break out the 0-5-0 sandwich clamp engine. (remember to warsh your hands first, or you'll smudge the weathering).

Usually a derailment in real life takes hours, or several days to clean up...and can cause an entire train crew to get seriously kilt, or even fired on the spot (and have to walk home)...so try hard not to derail your Trainz anymore:p You could always stage a fake derailment scene by using many short invisible track segments, layed at all different angles, and jutting upwards, all caddywhompis (is that an actual word)
Rockville Bridge Derailment 1997: http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_040.jpg

Last edited:
NO WAY THAT I KNOW

No!.. I'm afraid there is no way of getting rid of the exclamation mark on a derailed consist, which is a pity in the context of real trains too, in that you never see exclamtioin marks above a real train... in TRS 2009 you get a mustard coloured 'X' mark instead of the red exclamation mark on the earlier versions of Trainz, but Yes! I do agree that it is rather annoying and takes away the realism of trains a bit...

I would like to see an option made available for you to turn it off like you can with auto save in 'Options' where you can choose not to have your sessioins auto saved

As far as the red exclamation points, and "erase the derailment rule"...IDK

When they do happen, run a wreck train with a crane car, to simulate a clean up crew. Make drivable super-adaptors for fire, rescue and wreck crew trucks, to respond to the scene, with invisible tracks laid on drivable roads.

In HO derailments, just break out the 0-5-0 sandwich clamp engine. (remember to warsh your hands first, or you'll smudge the weathering).

Usually a derailment in real life takes hours, or several days to clean up...and can cause an entire train crew to get seriously kilt, or even fired on the spot (and have to walk home)...so try hard not to derail your Trainz anymore:p You could always stage a fake derailment scene by using many short invisible track segments, layed at all different angles, and jutting upwards, all caddywhompis (is that an actual word)
Rockville Bridge Derailment 1997: http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_040.jpg
How do wreck the train like that? Inviso Track? I am SO gonna do that!

Last edited:
Back