Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CPR Heron Bay/Nipigon Subs (in sections - Warning: Large pics [1600 x 1200 pixels])

Quote Originally Posted by ish6 View Post
    Progressive in all fronts good buddy!

It's always a great habit to keep when upgrading your PC ... I have an external HD which I keep very close to me for such cases ... anyhow good luck with the upgrades and the route!! Anyhow, take care of yourself good buddie!!

Ishie

In case I don't response in a day or two if you do replied is that I don't spend much time in front of a PC these days ... I
    No worries Ishie. I know how family comes first and how life gets in the way sometimes. I find I only have the energy to work on this on the weekends in general.

Quote Originally Posted by evan123 View Post
    Join the club. For months now I've been trying to conjure up a list of content found on the DLS and 3rd party sites.. And there really isn't much of a selection out there. You'll have to do a lot of kit-bashing, and just make due with what ya got.
    That's what I've been doing for now. I confess I know painfully little about pulp and paper mill operations but what I will do will get a general feel across. I'm more for mainline/yard action anyhow so that'll be my focus.

Three day weekend for me (Budda's birthday) coming up so I should have some time to work on it. ^^

Gisa ^^
    "Build it and they will come..."

Here's some preliminary screenshots. Worked on this for about 5 hours tonight...no textures yet of course but I'm going to work on Schreiber now (and after that, it's ready to be foliaged/textured!).

Seems someone driving west had a passenger with a camera.

Oh what's this? Construction? Awh man...

Highway improvements?

Left lane CLOSED? Oh no...that's going to mean a serious delay.

Better get ready to stop then...

They must have finished the bridge already but I can see a ton of stuff happening in the distance...

Thanks Transportfan!

Merge time.

Oh is that a green?

Continued ->

Continued ->

Definitely a green! Good stuff! I'm sure there's a huge line of cars on the other side who've been waiting for quite some time.

(Ignore the red car heading - really wish Auran would have made 1 way roads in '04...even using invisible roads and the left turn exploit cars still appear).

15 KPH? Man that's gonna be a slow ride...

I guess this is where the crew's temporary construction office is...

Shot from a construction crew member. Looks like they are just starting the repaving.

Excavators digging out the ditch...probably for a drainage pipe?

Surveyor doing his thing...

Continued - >

Continued ->

Looks like this motor grader is ready to start smoothing out the road ahead.

Looks like they are installing some kind of cable. Internet or power? Can't tell from here. Maybe that's why those excavators were digging out the ditch?

Must be a lonely job...

Looks like they are getting rid of the old asphalt. I thought they used scrapers and took care of it right away? Maybe they had an equipment failure or something...

Yup, I knew there'd be a line of people waiting. Looks like we got lucky as they'll probably send the other lane of traffic through soon.

View from the tracks. I think the trees will block this out in the end but I had a lot of fun making this part.

Gisa ^^

Good news!

I finally finished up the map last night and made a .cdp of it. I realized later that I have to do one two more small, but final things (add some lights to the station and a truck or two to the pulp mill) but that's it!

All that needs to be done now is the texturing and foliage. I will make a post about this as a separate thread in the freeware section (see here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=57679)

If anyone wants to take a stab at adding textures and foliage, please let me know and I will send the .cdp to you. Titaniclover, are you still interested? I would like to see a summer, winter (maybe early winter [light snowfall] and deep winter [deep snow winter]) and fall version of this if possible. I am thinking I would do a deep snow version to start...

Gisa ^^

United States of America, New York, Moravia
    Blog Entries

Wow I haven't been on here in like ever! Not much has changed.

I would love to do the texture and foliage, but at the moment I am tied up with school (not very good grades), and some emotional/social problems.
    Once regents week in school, which is the next two weeks or so, is over and I get a permanent schedule for work I can definitely work on it. Throw me a email or PM and we can get started.

Cheers,
    Adam
    Last edited by titaniclover; June 8th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
    73's,
    Adam Wiethuechter; KC2RXO

Glad to see you are still around.

I totally and completely understand where you are coming from. I will be taking part time courses now to raise my average (so yeah, focus on your grades for now - trainz will still be here when you get back!). Personal life and family always come first too. Anyhow, whenever you want the .cdp, let me know and I'll send it your way.

Gisa ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gisa View Post
    Thanks Transportfan!

Great shots, Mark! Cool to see my content in screenshots. But I noticed you used the wrong sign for the river bridge. You want the "River Crossing Sign".

BTW; what's with that other pic with someone elses traffic lights!?

(Just kidding!) Keep up the good work!
    There's more to Trainz than trains.

Sorry Andrew, I thought something was odd. I must have mistaken the signs. I liked using them and had them pointing the the rivers downstream direction but I'll look and use the proper signs when I do my last bit of tweaking tonight.

I forgot to put in your lights because while combing through my route for a place to put them, I realized that along the highway, most of the lights are yellow flashers (hint hint ) and that any that would change would be out of eye sight of the tracks. That section you see though should use the proper ones so I will sub them in tonight as well. ^^

Gisa ^^

United States of America, California, Los Angeles

This route is simply amazing Mr. Gisa. I love every bit of it from the lush scenery to the whole road construction bit. It is so cool, keep up the amazing work.
    There is only 525,600 minutes in a year.

Thanks for the compliment PereMarquette1225fan! You don't have to call me Mr. Gisa, just Gisa would be great.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic (lush scenery? ) but I know you are being sincere. I must confess the construction bit was inspired from MikelJ's awesome Route of the Eagle (but I got carried away it seems).

Perhaps I'll show some shots of the yard later but without textures and foliage I feel it's not quite worthy to be shown. Soon though, I will start!

Gisa ^^

United States of America, California, Los Angeles

Talking

That construction bit has inspired me to replicate it on my Manchester Northern Railway. Plus, I am a fan of the Canadian Pacific and this is one of my favorite lines owned by the CPR. Keep up the superb work and quality Gisa. The scenery on the baseboards is so realistic. That'd be an incredible sight to see...A Canadian Pacific freight train passing traffic with ease while drivers have to deal with construction. Simply marvelous!
    There is only 525,600 minutes in a year.

It's interesting. I read a quote somewhere that said all artists are inspired by another. I'm consider myself lucky if I can inspire anyone and I'm glad I inspired you.

I used a DEM to make it, hence the proper mountains and what not. It would be impossible to make without transDEM.

My only worry is that once the trees are in place, it will be hard, if not impossible to see the traffic. Only way to find out is to toss in some trees and what not.

I look forward to running some of the finest CPR freeware/payware out there once she's done.

Gisa ^^

Did a bit of minor tweaking after the fact but wanted to show a few shots.

Continued ->

Gisa ^^

Continued - >

I decided to do a winter version first. After a deep snowfall in cold weather is the aim. I removed several ponds/small lakes as they'd have froze over and been snowed on top of, removed a few bits of random stuff you wouldn't see under the snow and deleted things that were temporary or seasonal (including the construction as we all know there are only 2 seasons... )

Below we see two GP9s leaving the shop and ready to roll after getting some minor repairs. Note the snowed in CP rail trailer in the background.

Tim Horton's...enough said! Note the super clean pavement which normally wouldn't be the case but it's a Timmy's!

It's the mid 70's and VIA is still inheriting passenger equipment from CN and CP. Here, we see the Canadian ready to depart from a busy Schreiber yard!

Note the 2 CP sd40f's? getting fuel and sand before they prepare to recouple up back to its consist en route for Montreal.

Continued - >

Gisa ^^