TS09-SP2 , My thoughts --

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeelare

#1-on members ignore list
As one of the last believers in Auran's latest version , ( '09) , and their ability to pull it up from the abyss that it was allowed to fall into , I have now given up any hope .
SP2 should have been released by now , or at least an update from Auran as to it's release ?
The new request for routes by Auran and posts on other websites , have me believing that TS2009 is about to be dropped and that a totally new version is being worked on by Beta Testers under a strict confidential order ?
Please do not interput this as an " End of the World " thread , but I would be most pleased by a response from any of Auran's personel ?

Again , these are only my simple thoughts ,,, a disappointed ---,DLR

I reckon if they're asking for TS09 content they wont be working on TSX. 'Cause TSX would need TSX content.

I'm actually pretty content with TS09, granted there are a few quirks that need ironing out, but I'm no programmer so no way for me to say how much work it takes to do so. So all we can do is sit and wait and watch what's coming.

Patience is a virtue.

Hi deeelare,

SP2 is coming along nicely (check out the public test forum on trainzdev if you'd like an idea of what's changed and what's left to resolve.) If we were to pre-announce a specific timeframe, then we would be pressured into releasing with that timeframe regardless of the level of polish achieved. We (and I'm sure most users) would prefer to polish SP2 to a suitable level and then release it, rather than living up to an artificial release date.

chris

Tiger313 ,
I certainly appreciate your reply , but I think you have possibly misunderstood my thread ? And/or I was not clear in my thoughts !

I reckon if they're asking for TS09 content they wont be working on TSX. 'Cause TSX would need TSX content.

They are asking for NEW routes , nothing to do with TS09 nor TSX !

I'm actually pretty content with TS09, granted there are a few quirks that need ironing out, but I'm no programmer so no way for me to say how much work it takes to do so. So all we can do is sit and wait and watch what's coming.

A few quirks , sit and wait , watch what's coming , now your talking to me !

--- ,DLR

Hi deeelare,
...snip... If we were to pre-announce a specific timeframe, then we would be pressured into releasing with that timeframe regardless of the level of polish achieved. We (and I'm sure most users) would prefer to polish SP2 to a suitable level and then release it, rather than living up to an artificial release date.
chris

chris ,

Thanks for the quick reply !
Are you referring to how the initial release of the "polished" TS2009 , and the
"polished" SP1 were released , or can we actually expect somthing polished this go 'round ?

With respect and anticipation --- ,dave

They are asking for NEW routes , nothing to do with TS09 nor TSX !
--- ,DLR
True....and they plan to help the creators whose routes are chosen with any changes that are needed to make them compatible with whichever version they end up in....there will be the usual crowd who will respond with griping, but there are going to be some who will take the ball and run with it.....:cool:

Hi deeelare,

If we were to pre-announce a specific timeframe, then we would be pressured into releasing with that timeframe regardless of the level of polish achieved. We (and I'm sure most users) would prefer to polish SP2 to a suitable level and then release it, rather than living up to an artificial release date.

Thank you for your information. You didn't keep the word for december 08 and januar 09(EE) and you didn't apologize for that because you don't care about, the competition is gone(MSTS) and now you have a plenty of time, so you will polish and polish. Yes time is yours, you need half of the year to say us today that you polish and ,interesting, yesterday you express the wish for new routes.
Something is wrong, you didn't stop the offensive words e.g. ''Just sit tight and wait'' and didn't talk with us so disappointment is from day to day bigger.
Do you really have enough time ,I think that he will expire.

With respect
regards

Ok, I'll bite. What makes you think it has nothing to do with TS09?

Although this is not the avenue I was hoping my thread would follow , I'll bite back ! TS2009 has been released with routes and sessions , why would Auran want to release SP2 with new routes , routes that they are just now requesting from members ? Or are these newly requested routes for the yet to be announced and upcoming newer version ?

Another thought --- ,DLR

Although this is not the avenue I was hoping my thread would follow , I'll bite back ! TS2009 has been released with routes and sessions , why would Auran want to release SP2 with new routes , routes that they are just now requesting from members ? Or are these newly requested routes for the yet to be announced and upcoming newer version ?

Another thought --- ,DLR
From what I have read in the past I was led to understand that the 'Engineers Edition' would be released with new content.

Maybe they havn't given up on that yet.

Nathan

With respect
regards
These don't fit your post...:p

TS2009 has been released with routes and sessions
Actually, TS2009WBE has been released....as pointed out, the EE hasn't yet so since EE would be part of TS09, it's certainly possible that's what they're looking to do.....they haven't said yet, so who knows..? :cool:

deeelare, as amigacookie noticed, they are in fact asking for routes to help bring these up to TS09 level.They may well have realized that they need some routes that are up to TS09 standards to show others that TS09 is in fact a step forward, not a step backward (what many people say they think)? Anywho, didn't think there was a reason to chew me out for my reply. just take it easy, think about ze ole rickyticker! :cool:

TS2009 has been released with routes and sessions , why would Auran want to release SP2 with new routes , routes that they are just now requesting from members ? Or are these newly requested routes for the yet to be announced and upcoming newer version ?
I agree that SP2 won't have new routes, but the previously announced EE version of TS09 was promised with new content. I would have thought the most likely interpretation to put on the request for new content is that it is for TS09 EE.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am one of the SP2 Beta testers.

Currently I don't think there are any Beta testing being done for the EE edition. The only public Beta test is for the upcoming SP2.

SP2 is just that, a Service Pack. I am not aware of any routes being part of the SP2 for TS09 World Builder Edition.

I just had another update to my Beta version today. The previous update was a little over 2 weeks ago. Updates for the Beta version are fairly frequent, as it should be.

The typical "fix one thing then something else goes bad" situation is common. The main reason for Beta Testing is to find and fix unforeseen side effects of changes that are being implemented. My contribution to the Beta testing program is as a large route builder. Someone else is testing asset creation, signaling, etc. Each Beta tester can only test what they commonly encounter. I can't even test for "native mode" because my route was started then imported from 2006.

One thing is for sure, advances are being made.

IMO, SP2 is going to be a lot better but it won't fix / address ALL the issues . . . no service pack ever does. Then there is always the ever present "variable" for each individual computer. There are always a few computers that won't like the new codes.

All I can say is, the waiting will be worth it once SP2 is released. So far, for the most part, I love my Beta version.

Guys

It is obvious that the new routes are for TS2009EE, nothing that Chris wrote in his request indicates anything different to that. If you dig back through the early posts on Trainzdev, this 'next step' was discussed then. Admittedly, the time table was rather optimistic but that is common in the software world.

SP2 will come when it is ready, I can wait. Personally, I am very enthusiastic about TS2009, it is more reliable than 2006, and much easier to work with than 2004, while compared with CMP, CM2 is a dream.

Peter

I personally don't think 2009 is so hot, but I'll reserve judgement until after SP2 or 3. I got nothing but time...

I personally don't think 2009 is so hot, but I'll reserve judgement until after SP2 or 3. I got nothing but time...

Damn , now I have to wait for SP3 , :hehe: :hehe: !

I am asking that this thread be closed , as it is not receiving the responses
I was hoping for ! Basically , is Auran working on a totally new version and dropping TS09 WBE and EE ?

--- ,DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back