Train spotting

Koondawg

Always a WIP
My son and I took the bike out today for a trainspotting adventure...

Photo06191210.jpg

Photo06191211.jpg

Photo06191214.jpg

Photo06191214_1.jpg

Photo06191225.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting! I saw a line of locomotives out here in Los Angeles just sitting there. Had to be at least 25 engines. Looks like you guys had fun out there!

Steve

Interesting! I saw a line of locomotives out here in Los Angeles just sitting there. Had to be at least 25 engines. Looks like you guys had fun out there!

Steve

25 engines? that's it? There were over a hundred (no kidding, I counted something like one hundred fourteen or something like that) in the yard down by Fontana. And that was just the ones I could see. I could have sworn I saw a second row.

There were probably 50 in that first line alone...There were 3-4 tracks that looked just like that one...sitting.

All those BNSF locomotives you guys saw are all in storage because of the economy. Since BNSF made new orders of GEVOs before the recession caught onto the railroad, they could not cancel their orders. What they are doing now is storing their older units (Such as the C40-8Ws) and using the newer units that they get. If all the traffic that was lost comes back, they may bring those engines back into service, atleast the AC4400CWs will, but the Dash 8s are in question.

Back