The Dreaded Black Screen

Billegulla

In 2004 if you remove an item from your custom folder and you happen to have used it in a session then the dreaded black screen will appear when you open the session in Surveyor or Driver. I know it is only a nuisance, but is there any way that you can remove the item that isn't there ? (Much like the man on the stair !) I have tried "Delete missing item" to no avail.

Bill.

If 'Delete Missing Content' doesn't fix it, then the missing item is a sub-dependency. AFAIK there is no way to get rid of the Black Screen without removing the dependency which owns the sub-dependency and then deleting missing content.

Probably easier to replace whatever you deleted from 'custom'...

Andy ;)

Last edited:
You can stop the display of the black error screen in TRS2006 by the following:
Open CMP and click File - Settings - Miscellaneous and check the box 'Suppress Asset Warning in Trainz'. Save.

Bob

Hi
I run 2004 and have trouble with a black screen showing on my creations. The items are listed in TO as unknown but they are objects used in other routes with no trouble. They are definitely in the Dispatcher Downloads.
Any Ideas how to overcome, please?

Cheers
Mike

If memory serves correctly I recall from some time ago (probably from before the last forum crash) that this problem sometimes can be caused by new versions not being properly recognized but I might be wrong.
In my case I simply ignore the problem after trying to delete missing objects and getting no result. I am using both 04 and 06.

Cheers
Russell.

Well, I have trainz 2009/2010. After adding content in the Surveyor, I got the black screen also. I just went into CMP v 3.3 and it didn't have the "Supress Asset Warnings in Trainz" box. What do I do? This is the second time this has happened to me.

Back