new user got a couple of questions

dadolson

I'm a new user and also new trains in general to the trainz community so excuse my terminology.

Using Trains 2009 edition which is pretty cool, I have played and made maps for other RTS games, so thought I'd give this a try as well.

First is there a New User thread where one can post and get good answers?

I have managed to get some rolling stock to move, and learned how to add cars and engines and even to get additional drivers from the DownLoad Station ect.

I have also gone over the PDF doc file , but what is needed and and how do you fix a derailment :'( or is that not possible?

And yes it was because of a switch not set correctly.

Thanks

Welcome!

1) No there isn't just start your own threads. or in other words; yes; its this forum.
2)there is a tool available which you have to add to the session settings before departing Surveyor. That supposably fixes derailments. I personally don't use it, so I do not know how it works.
The other option is to set realism levels to none; again while still in surveyor; and your trains will not derail unless you drive off the end of the track.
But if your train is already derailed and you have not done either of these two before hand. then no there isn't.

peter

Hi, welcome!

Have you gotten so far in your session that you do not want to start over?

There is a rerail portal on the DLS that you can add to your maps, but I'm not sure if it works in 2009 or not. There also may be a rule to prevent derailing in 2009, but I'm not certain again, 2009 not being my version of choice right now.

Best of luck to you though.:)

how do you fix a derailment

In surveyor for a session:

Go into main menu.
Select "Edit Session".

- You will see a list of existing rules, look for one called "Clean up derailed trains". If its not there then:

Click "Add".
Look for the rule in the list that appears, select "Clean up derailed trains" and click the "tick" button.

- If the rule is not in the list you may need to download it from the DLS, but I think its one of the default rules -

Once you have the rule in your list you can select it, then click the "Edit" button and set the time delay for automatically clearing up derailments.

hth

Chris

hi and welcome to trainz dadolsen

it depends on what help you would like most of the fourms have a bit of detail about what there about. There is a setting somewhare about the derailment realisticness ( is that a word?) of a train, when set to low or off you cab do anything and it wont derail but set to high you must do everything right or its gone.

welcome and happy trainzing
nathan

Welcome Aboard :)

This Forum has heaps of useful info stored here. I suggest you use the forum search feature before you start a new thread. You may find your question has been asked many times before.

However feel free to ask the question if all else fails. ;)

Regards

Thanks for all of the welcomes and the advice about controlling derailments.

I'm sure that will be many more questions as I move up though the learning curve.

Welcome to the crazy wonderful world of Trainz.

The Re-Rail Portal does work on 2009. When a train is derailed, after a preset interval of thime, the train disappears and is emited from the re-rail portal.

Back