CP SD40-2F Problem.

Alek77

I just got the CP SD40-2F From TrainzProRoutes and downloaded all the necessary assets, but CMP says it's faulty. Heres what it said: Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/brake1a.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/brake2.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/gray5.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/mainlow.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/mainmed.bmp'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/brake2-brake1a.texture.txt'

I'm not going to help a lot but I've got loads of faults similar to that, it doesn't stop the loco from showing or running. Dont worry about them.
If you want to have a look at the RailSim site there is a detailed how to of faults like those, there are also explanations etc.

Last edited:
I just got the CP SD40-2F From TrainzProRoutes and downloaded all the necessary assets, but CMP says it's faulty. Heres what it said: Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/brake1a.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/brake2.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/gray5.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/mainlow.bmp'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/mainmed.bmp'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\trs2006/local/content pkcb14xh5\cp_sd402f_body/brake2-brake1a.texture.txt'

If this asset was created for TRS2004 and you are installing it into TRS2006 and getting these errors then this may be a case of a content creator leaving stray texture.txt files in the asset directory from earlier staging of development. TRS2004 ignores these stray files but TRS2006+ does not and thus the errors. I myself have made this sort of mistake myself with some of my content. If this is the case simply open the asset for edit in content manager, delete these stray files, and commit it back in. Tom

Place the engine in your CMP main window, right click and choose "Edit in Explorer". When the new window opens, navigate to the files in question, delete them and then close the window, saving changes. Then right click again, choose Commit.

Which version are you running? I've been able to fix this type of error but depending on what version you're using it could be different.

I looked in the object folder and the textures mentioned above are not even there.
Here is a quick tutorial on the usual texture problem.
If you open the kuid for Edit - Edit in Explorer you will probable find files in the body folder that are of the type xxx.texture.txt which those text files reference graphic files of the type xxx.bmp. If the xxx.bmp files aren't present in the body folder, delete the xxx.texture.txt files.
In other words, delete the following files:
brake2-brake1a.texture.txt
mainlow.texture.txt
mainmed.texture.txt
gray5.texture.txt

then save and commit.

Bob

Bob pretty much nailed it. I would recommend moving the file out of the folder rather than just deleting them. After committing take a look at the asset in surveyor. If all is well you can then delete the files. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I'd rather have them were I know where they are to restore if needed.

Back