Scripting a hornsound

NIARTcar

Graphic Designer for Amtr
Hello, I'm interested in creating a horn sound, that when you turn the bell off, then later turn it on again...it plays a different bell sound then before....

I already have the sounds put in, i just need help scripting it, or modifying it to go through a "playlist" of bells.... about 8 of them...... can anyone help make this happen?

Thanks,

Can anyone help with this? It seems like it would bee an easy script to write, because ive got the bell sounds labled in order
ie:
idle 1
idle 2
idle 3..... and so on.. up to
idle 8

any help would be greatly appreciated (as im not very skilled a scripting)

thanks,

Actually it's not a particularly simple script to write. I don't believe there is any way to "script" a bell asset as there is no mesh and/or game object to associate the script with.

The only way I can think of to do it is to have a silent bell asset then to have a script on the loco that listens for the bell state change messages (only available in TRS2006 onwards) and plays sound files as required. Not impossible but will need a bit of knowledge of Trainz script.

Before you ask, no I don't have the bandwidth to do it. Sorry. :(

Cheers
Dave

Thank you for the response, I understand now the conficts of the asset and my plan to modify it, i guess I will need to design another form to play the sound.

Back