Reskins thread: Must be your own work. Mostly 1024x768 I'd say.

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
Hi folks, not sure how far this will go. A reskins thread showing your own work. That's the most important thing to remember, this is to encourage people to show off their own reskins.

Can be Paintshed, reskins of locos off the DLS or anywhere. Must always be your reskins that you did yourself.

The other thing I'd like to suggest strongly is that you've got permission to release your reskin and can freely post screenshots. Remember it is someone else's property that you're skinning and some people mightn't like you showing reskins of their work without prior knowledge of you doing so. There are some content creators who object strongly to that.

I will get us started with some I've done. I do a lot of Paintshed, mostly the 2100, the DL500 and DL531 really. I've also obtained permission to reskin the 1502s/1460s, NSWGR 47 class by David Dallaston (Pikkabird) and David Taylor (DavidT) with the 47 class.

I have shown most of these before but I'm just going to get us started. Being a QR man, I do a lot of 2100s.

I did some minor modifications to the Auran 2100 by adding grills to the short hood low nose. This is when the 2100s had the air conditioning units fitted, later on when they were converted to DOO, the AC units were more embedded into the low nose, I will post shots of both examples.

The Auran 2100 is the un-converted Driver Only Operations (DOO) model, and is how they were before they even received AC units, yep, at one point in their lives, they had no air conditioning.

Three examples of how the 2100s have changed over the years.

Without the AC unit.

http://brians-pics.fotopic.net/p3775705.html

With the AC unit.

http://brians-pics.fotopic.net/p3775701.html

DOO modifications.

http://brians-pics.fotopic.net/p21852227.html

Here is the model that I did.

2120A-2121A.jpg

Grubby version

2142Aa.jpg

Me being me, I like doing a lot of "what ifs", a lot of my repaints never happen in real life but trying it out and having a go is always very interesting.

Some random shots of anything I've done.....

DQ2006-832-DQ2007a.jpg

NZQR2102c.jpg

QRCoalie3.jpg

TasrailDQ2004c.jpg

Sorry for making such a long post folks. I had to give you all a bit of a history lesson and explanations so you all knew what I was talking about. Remember to keep the thread friendly, we don't want any unnecessary posts being responsible for thie whole thread being locked or deleted.

I'm hoping this will work, post your own work, I'm sure there's people here who'd like to show us what they've been doing.

Have fun.

I just got into Paintshed skinning recently. Although I'm not an expert, I have made one passenger coach that I am particularly proud of:
51halsiburgrailexpress.jpg

which is VERY loosely based on the BREL Mark 3, modified for "quarter-door" layout, so that a large crowd of people exiting or entering the train are never more than quarter a carriage away from the exit, in contrast to true Intercity trains which have end doors.

Also this:
52ceyleronmuseum.jpg

which is an older model of BREL Mark carriage, a Mark 2 (either A, B or C, as D-F and onwards had airconditioning and sealed windows). It is intended to be pulled by the LNER Mallard you see, and in Halsiburg it will be used for the museum.

This one is not so great and I may make some further changes.

Here is mine, reskinned with the permission of Magicland.

It is the Altamont Commuter Express in push mode in the San Francisco Bay Area and the Central Valley.

Cheers

AJ

Nice AJ you Yanks certianly have colourfull trainz......great idea for a thread Col I remember my first attempts to reskin austin13hockey's Sar Garratt to the Beyer way back in the UTC dayz.........and Austin kindly let me rekuid it and then I learnt gmax made my own and the confusion started
Here's a few recent reskins of my own LOL repainted my own models to a better shade of blue.........
qdrblue.jpg

Here are some ng 2-6-0 engines of Elvenor's that I re-skinned into Disneyland paint schemes.
The Lilly Belle
LillyBelle.jpg

The Roger E Broggie
RogerEBroggie.jpg

The Roy O Disney
RoyODisney.jpg

The Walter E Disney
WalterEDisney.jpg

Last edited:
Custom painted R46's. These are R46E's. The SMSed version. These are for the Coversack Transit Subway Division. They are painted in Cosmopolitan look-a-like paint. (Coversack's Red Power Scheme.) They are NOT available for distribution.

CosmoR463.jpg

CosmoR462.jpg

CosmoR46.jpg

Being delivered from SMS by Alstom's Hornell Shops.
CosmoR464.jpg

Back