BR Blue Pullman Full yellow ends

mbv67

Epoche IV
Hey, mbv67 here Can anyone reskin Kemplen's Excellent Class 251 Western Pullman power cars into the older Nanking Blue but with full yellow ends with his permission?

Here's a picture to show:

ivo_peters_blue_pullman_2-5-68.jpg

I'm not a reskinner, but something has me curious. At the end of your question you say "with his permission". Does that mean "if the author allows us to"? Or does that mean you have contacted the guy and already have his permission, and he's willing to hand over his handy work to a reskinner to do so? I'm thinking reskinners may not want to touch that with a 10ft pole unless they actually get permission of the author, and all the need-to-knows about the skin

Yes, like someone needs Kemplen's permission or he may be doing something and he says no to that person. Well the Blue Pullman's Skins were Original Nanking Blue when first built. Then in 1967-1969, they got Full yellow ends. Then from then on to they were withdrawn (1973), they got the Gray/Blue window surrounds livery.

Actually, I know most of the stuff about The ill fated DMU's considering using information sites about the Class 251 and I'm only 12.

Last edited:
I would think it best to contact kemplen himself, he is a nice chap by all accounts, so he may well release that version if asked, but you have to realise it may have to be added to his list, so you may have to wait awhile.

MBV67 You'd be surprised how much info about trains people your age know if they are interested in trains

(I am guilty of the crime above but I am slightly older than u )

:) :) :)

Meyshollop

Back