The MURCHISON STAGE 2 screenshots ....

sirgibby

TS:MURCHISON2 LAYOUT AVAILABLE as Digital download or on DVD FOR TS12, TS2010, TS2009, TRAINZ Classics 1/2/3, TRS2006 & TS2004
(The screenshots will vary for the TS2010 & TS2009 upgrade which now has high-detail trackwork)

Click here for the TRAINZONE website MURCHISON 2 page

pt_ross-picton401-800.jpg

pt_ross-picton209-800.jpg

picton02b-800.jpg

Click here for the MURCHISON layouts page

Last edited:
Rapanui Ore Train

Hi all

I was rostered on the second engine of the ore train out of Rapanui yesterday and noticed a gentleman with a camera getting some shots of the train. He was kind enough to forward me some copies, so I thought I would pass them on for all to share.

First he captured the loading at the mine in Rapanui.
screen002gg3.jpg

We then made our run at the hill, 3% grades are not to be trifled with...

screen005so6.jpg

His friend apparently managed to sneak into the guard's van, luckily no inspectors were about.

screen006jr1.jpg

Here is a close up of the lead engine. The loco cleaners in Rapanui were very slack, you would never see such a dirty engine come out of our loco depot like that.

screen012so0.jpg

To be continued...

Rapanui Ore Train continued

A bit further on, they had a nice vantage point as we raced downhill over the trestles

screen013pq2.jpg

There are some deep cuttings on this line, that's for sure, the track only gets direct sunlight for an hour a day, so lucky it's downhill with this load, otherwise it could get a tad slippery

screen018cd7.jpg

Finally, we arrive in Fletcher's Bay and hand over to the shunters, who will get the loading ready for the ore barge waiting just offshore.

screen020ev2.jpg

Another day's work is done. Now off to the pub for some hard earned Montieths...

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony

Those are outstanding shots. I like the way that you've captured the feeling of share steam grunt-in-actions:)

cheers
Michael

Back