Conrail's Lakeshore sub.

Buffalo_trains93

It's snowy here.
Hey guys,

This is my new route (That I will actually finish:p ) It's called the Lakeshore Sub. It was originally owned by Conrail untill the CSX merger when CSX took over. The shots you are about to see have elaborate story lines:hehe: and some great content. Hope ya'll enjoy, due to computer problems this might be delayed:( .

Here they are.

Yes, this is the Conrail version of the Lakeshore sub, yes it is real and yes it is somewhat like the CSX route but with a few differences. One being that I see the Big Blue running 5 SD's long with an 80Mac leading in front instead of 2 GEVO's struggling to make it up the hill :hehe:

Here's some pics;

In the first pic, Old meets new. Ex-Conrail SD45 8974 meets Conrail SD60 6972. With the Merger already days away CSX has preceded to repaint some of the Conrail SD's they own.:(

conrail19935.jpg

This next pic is on Ex-Conrail SD45 8974 heading west bound only days after the merger. He is passing the site of a house being built and has a slow order through the area.

conrailpostmerger.jpg

The great thing about my school is that I have a great veiw of when something passes. As I was getting off the bus I snapped this photo on Conrail Q145, 2 days before the merger, taking a hotshot coal up to Sommerset, man, I miss the Big Blue.

conrail1993.jpg

God Bless,

Ryan:wave:

Nice shots. Are those the YARN roads?

They are, only roads I use, they are very realistic, which makes them perfect.

Here are somemore shots.

Catch this story!

Ted was a railfan in the early 80's. On Feburary 23rd 1983 a Conrail Coal train de-railed due to kids putting large sized rocks on the tracks. Ted now sits at the place of the acciedent, watching the Conrail trains go by. All the conrail engineers know to blow there horns many extra times to pay respect for a great railfan that died doing what he loved. (Also notice the Alistar monument) NOTE: For whatever reason my mind loves to add things that you wouldn't find on any normal route. In my route I have not only the skeleton BUT!! The Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Lake Erie (Yes I know it sank in Michigan), animals galore, car acceidents, a downed C-47 from WW2. If you look very closle when I release this you will also find a train wreck from the 40's

skeleton.jpg

Conrail Q141 with my Uncle at the helm, rolls past rice road with a great horn show.

lakeshore11.jpg

Conrail Q985 Hotshot intermodel heads westbound to take this tralier train down to Cleveland.

lakeshore2.jpg

God Bless,

Beautiful shots Ryan!!! Any idea when/if this route will be available?

Can't wait.

n

Thank you Neil,

I admire your Toronto route as I am literally 30 minutes away. I am hoping to have this route done withen 3-4 weeks, I have finals for school comming up which takes up much of my time. I also have to delete 400+ unused baseboards. Thank you for the kind words,

God Bless,

Those Pics are vary good.:D

JRT

Thank you,

Woody, the SD-45's are RRmods payware, and sectacular they are, very good. I use them, and do plan on getting more ;) More shot's will come by tomorrow with a little forgien power, Canadian fans, ya might like em :eek:

God Bless,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I envy you!
Once again, very nice work!
I'm guessing this is a local route for you?

Haha, may I ask why you envy me as I am confused on that. Yes, this is a very local route for me. As a young boy my uncle would take me down to the triple Conrail mainline right outside of Buffalo, we would watch the trains for hours. When conrail left in 98' the tracks got really quite, that is untill CSX brought all there equipment up. My Uncle and Cousin both worked for Conrail, but now have unfortunatley been layed off by CSX. Thanks for all your kinds words,

God Bless,

Back