Locomotive transfer from MSTS to Trainz

A con file is a consist file in MSTS... there is no way to convert it. The Con file describes what cars and locomotives are in a certain train.

Too bad Peter (PEV) can't make a simple program for converting MSTS to Trainz!!! LOL! I know, Peter--- it WOULDN'T be simple!:hehe:

Cheers,

Dave

Logistically, one program can't really do it.

The ugly truth is that a program that could do it would be abused like a government mule....... Either people are unaware that they need to get the original authors permission, or they feel it is optional.

I have UTC and am going to convert some locomotives to it from MSTS because there isn't much downloads for
UTC. I have converted the. Ace files, but do you know a program for converting the .s and .sd files?

Welcome to the forums.

As is probably stated above, there are technical and legal issues with the process, and it's not something I'd recommend, especially,for new users, as it will effectively amount to a rebuild.

Shane

Thank you. As you can see, I am not used to the forums because I haven't figured it out. I am going to try by
using a MSTS SW7 I have and piggyback on the config text, because UTC has a SW7 but you can't use it in the driver.
Any tips? I have been using both MSTS and UTC, but I like MSTS for simpleness for downloads and realisticness of driving. But, I want to use UTC
as well because it is easier to create stuff without exiting the game. And, just so you know, I am not a new user.
JJstrainz

Last edited:
I agree with you definetly. It is pretty hard to do it,but it is possible. How do you fid the assets needed and how do
you write the config text?

It won't until you register your version of UTC with N3V (Planet Auran > Serial Number) - use the first dropdown on that page to select the bottom option.

Shane

JJstrainz, you don't seem to address the registering issue...there is a lot more forum areas that you cannot see or access until you register your UTC version. You go to the top of the forum and click on Planet Auran, sign in there using your username and password.....at the left, under the Trainz heading, click on Serial Number and enter the serial number you received with the game. If you bought your game used, then it is possible it is already registered....if so, it will say so and you are plain out of luck since they are not transferable...:( In any case, there is not much help people can give you if you don't register a product....do yourself and others here a favor and get your serial number registered...:cool:

I have figured out a bunch about conversion and I have gotten a converter. Does anyone know how to remove the bogies in gmax? I can't figure it out.
JJstrainz
attachment.php

PROUD MODELLER!!!!!!

Back