Real lack of Burlington Northern locos on the DLS.

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
Hi folks

I'm funny with rail in that my interests within the hobby varies greatly. I'd really class myself as a "Railfan", I naturally have an interest in the Australian rail scene with QR/QRNational as well as standard gauge operations.

At the moment, I'm sort of getting into US railscene a little bit, I've always had a liking for RS3 Alcos and many other older generation US diesels.

I've been searching the DLS for Burlington Northern locos and found it rather odd that there isn't more than what's there. America and Britain dominates the DLS but Burlington Northern doesn't seem to be as wide spread as you would think. I'm having a hard time trying to track down a red and white Burlington liveried loco.

It's just odd that one of the biggest rail companies isn't more numerous on the DLS than it is.

BN rollingstock is well looked after though, lots of boxcars and grain hoppers available.

Try finding some Western Pacific....:eek:

I think, unfortunately that VMD had the best Chinese Red Burlington loco!

My disability makes it hard for me to explain things at times,

Yeah, my disability makes it hard for me to understand things...most of the time!:D

Anyway, yes you could see a BNSF engine running with a UP, BUT, most of them that I have seen around the Chicago Area are BNSF engines running with the old BN engines or the old Santa Fe engines.

BN itself was a nice mix when it first came about, with 'Burlington' (CB&Q), 'Great Northern', 'Northern Pacific', and 'Spokane, Portland & Seattle'. later on the Saint Louis-San Francisco (Frisco) was acquired too. from 1970 to mid 80s it would be appropriate to have power and cars from all of those railroads on BN.

Interesting site though, thanks WYO. Gives me an idea of various workings carried out by BN.

Me being from Australia, my knowledge of US rail is limited but I like running correct consists, that's the reason I ask that question. I'd hate to be showing screenies of consists that are totally incorrect and have people laughing at me.

Back