Monorail, Maglev, and other alternate screenshots

Yes I am using 2006. The monorail project can be found uner the Extras tab in the main start menu. After installing it, you should be able to run it with no problems.

Yes I am using 2006. The monorail project can be found uner the Extras tab in the main start menu. After installing it, you should be able to run it with no problems.

Not exactly true. When I installed it, I had issues with DCC...I kept reinstalling it and uninstalling it for like a year or something, to no avail. One average day, however, I was uninstalling it and reinstalling it as usual (downloading the stuff from the DLS), and, after all these years, it finally worked! The DCC occasionally acts up, but it's much better than before. ;)

The other thing I'd love to see is the newest monrails that are used at Disneyland. I have no clue how to make them but it would be a cool thing to see. It might just be me, but those are some slick looking trains. Here's a link: http://davelandweb.com/monorail/popup.htm?images/2000/DSC_1736.jpg

Disneyland has new Monorails now?? How I ever been missing out! :eek:

yup, the just got them, they look extremely nice...but due to the constraints of overhauling the whole fleet, their service is messed up...

you can only ride one way, and its alot harder to get a seat in the front......

my latest experience was that they tend to herd the people like cattle into the monorail, and arn't quite as nice about cab rides: we got completely blown off.... and they will not let you wait for the next monorail so that you can have a cab seat...

personally this irritates me beond all reason that they are opperating like this,.... hopefully when they all enter regular service the order will be restored, and it will be more pleasant...

however, they are wonderfull to look at, a true trubute to their brothers and sisters from the years in previous:D

That sucks to hear that their service took a dive. I've heard that they ran the new red ragged and forced into an early overhaul.
I'm going to try a little different tactic here regarding the monorails.
This is an 'official' request for any painters or content creators who are looking for a challenge.
The links below (the same ones from my earlier postings) are shots of the monorail tug and the newest monorail design.

http://davelandweb.com/monorail/popu...s/70s/tug2.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/monorail/popu...0/DSC_1736.jpg

This shot came from http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/monorail.htm and is probably a better view of the tug for anyone interested in making it.
user11145pic62801241573.jpg

If anyone is serious about these requests, feel free to IM me. I have a LOT of pics of the new Mark VII monorails (Both interior and exterior) at Disneyland for reference. Credit would obviously be given to anyone who does the work.

Last edited:
tug

You know?, the tug seems simplistic, let me take a stab at it, it wont be detailed but i might be able to make it...... hopefuly this will be my first creation:wave:

Sounds good. I appreciate it. If nothing else, it's worth a try. Every time I try to make something or paint it, it looks like it got into a fight with a paint mixing machine. :eek:

help

It would help alot if you could dig up some specs on it...
height, length, width....etc....

thank you

this is what i started drawing @ home a couple of days ago. all i have to do is finish the track. and wallah! :p
thought id post this here, and in the drawing thread.
this thread is for maglev and other monorails right? :p

cheers

Hey!

Ok...lets give this thread a kick start,..... and get this thing rolling....

Heres a pic I entered in a screenshot contest (I was bored, and it was one I could actualy participate in)
here it is:
Screen_180-1.jpg

I thought about making a billboard out of it but im not sure:eek:

If it is "alternitive", are "Automated People Movers" allowed? If so, I might try to model a Westinghouse/Bombardier C100/CX100 and post screenies on this thread.
In the meantime, this isn't automated, but I followed some japanese praticse and created a rough (scale) diagram of a fictional "people mover". (Or rubber tyred metro, depends how you look at it.)

It follows a simliar japanese pratice, like Osaka's New Tram (Except using Bombardiers guding system.). And yes, I will model it, once I decided on the other finer details. :)

Last edited:
It's not officially done, but it's a Tampa International Airport Bombardier People Mover Shuttle

TampaIntlAirportShuttle.jpg

It's for all RED terminal/airlines connecting Airsides A-C, as where the BLUE shuttles connect airsides D-F

Hello all,

As promised, here are 2 shots of the airport monorail. This was in the initial testing after I changed the airport track. I still kept the orginal airport and modified a clone to make this work. Unfortunately I have no clue on how to elevate the platform but I think this will still work ok.
15623335.jpg

86922686.jpg

Been Watching this Thread

Monorails_Maglev's alterinitive means of transport I have always offered the HomeViewer a alterinitive means of transport....................................
In a parralall gothic universe the afternoon bullet arives at gotham central megadrome...................................
mono.jpg

Back