Signaling Issues

Simcik

In my prototypical East Texas route, I've come acrossed a situation I do not know how to fix.

At one of the industries, an overhead loader and grate unloader are used to load/unload hoppers. The tracks form a simple "Y," with each track ending just past the loading area. The tracks can hold two cars each. These tracks are signaled individually and independently in reality, signalling to the engineer with loader/unloader is ready for the cars. However, I would settle for having the signal tied to the switch like it would be on the main line...

Anyway. When I place the signal, they show red/yellow, but never green. The tracks have rail-ends on them, which I know act as red signals. My solution was to add another signal in between these two. However, when I did that, the first signal stayed yellow, the second turned red, and the rail-end was red as well...

Is there a way to make the first signal appear green? I'm using the G05 signal that is in the default section. Are there any gantry signals that cannot display a yellow signal? If so, will that solve the problem or will it just appear red?

Isn't there a rule that allows the signal to be set manually?

Thanks!

You should be able to get a green even with the second signal almost on top of the EOT marker...

If I understand Simcik correctly this is the situation:

screen_046.jpg

The signal is forced green by an 'invisible signal thingy' placed right at the track end:

screen_047.jpg

This arrangement works with almost all signals in 04 and 06...

Andy :)

Back