JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

Thanks Boc61. Its actually a 4 baseboard module of a small section of IRM around the Display Barn 9 area where the Steam shop and Dinner are located. its set by looking at the IRM grounds expansion project plans which includes the Main street setup (which is in its very early stages). Its set up as a practice route so when I start working on my bigger IRM and Mainline route, I can be a bit more prepared to tackle it. To see more on that route go here
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?123433-The-Illinois-Railway-Museum-Route

:)

ba8ed1d9a23adeeb02655d42e557be59.jpg

It's a bit hard to describe how they are done, but (for the end ribs) basically I draw the outline of the rib as you look at the car end, with several segments normal that face. That allows me to also get the side profile right. Then I do a lot of moving, scaling, and smoothing until they blend nicely into the body and look like they should. Last they get optimized to reduce the poly count. The roof panels are just ringed with a diagonal set of polys that blends them.

Adam certainly is hands down the best in the business when it comes to boxcar dreadnaught ends. I envy this talent but boxcars are his turf and for good reason.

You got that right Justin! That's been something I've always wondered cause it looks like it's all one piece. Nice work!

;)

Busy day in Jamaica - Train 550 with Engine 254 on point gets ready to depart for Oyster Bay, surrounded by M1s entering Hall Interlocking as well as a KO train that just left. Freight RF-7 with a pair of C420s just out of view is rolling past all of the action on 11 track, bound for the Garden-Mitchel Secondary off of the Hempstead Branch. E15 #157 stands guard in E Yard as protect engine for the week.

scr_56ecb8918aa9a.jpg

Back