JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

seriously AJ, can we just get back on topic?
Here, screenshots, move past this BS

d6d9e3c22c4263049ff041980cbf180b.jpg

Thankyou Justin! Although I was hoping for shots of the GP9s and GP7s, do they have interiors?

I love the C44-9 cab though. Glad I got the SP one. I haven't really bought anything thats not SP or kodachrome yet ;) But the UP units tempt me!

SD70MAC glass cab

Is it OK to post a video here?

It's a cab ride in a BNSF SD70MAC (best watched full screen and HD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUMK5igfBAE

The glass cab is an absolute wonder and a joy to behold. Watch the displays - the speed and acceleration (both shown in digital and analogue format), brake pressures and flows, throttle position, traction effort, ... .

Phil

Great work Justin. Really looking forward to these. Thepoliceman009 and Taylor, you are both right. This basic cab design is used in the D9-40CW, ES40DC, and ES44AC units on NS. If it weren't for the manual horn valve and the numbers, it would be hard to tell which of the 3 it came from. This stand was also used in the NS D9-40Cs.

Paul

Great work Justin. Really looking forward to these. Thepoliceman009 and Taylor, you are both right. This basic cab design is used in the D9-40CW, ES40DC, and ES44AC units on NS. If it weren't for the manual horn valve and the numbers, it would be hard to tell which of the 3 it came from. This stand was also used in the NS D9-40Cs.

Paul

yea i dont know, there are some differences in the new ones, but more or less the same idea. also, this same stand will be used for the D9-40C, which was already started, but i decided i would wait until i had this cab done to show it.

yea i dont know, there are some differences in the new ones, but more or less the same idea. also, this same stand will be used for the D9-40C, which was already started, but i decided i would wait until i had this cab done to show it.

Lovely cab. Does this also mean cabs for the rest of the ES44s are in the pipeline too?

Is that a C40-8 nose on a C44-9?

Last edited:
It's a c40-9. NS is the only company to own them, 100+ or so, since they had an aversion to wide cabs until they were forced to buy them.

Back