JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

Hey Justin. Love these D8's but one question, the trucks on the NS engine, (probably should've checked this out before I ask, but anyways) I haven't really seen and NS Dash 8's with the closed roller bearing, or whatever you call them; most, if not all the time, I see the ones where the ends of the axles are visible (just like the CSX, UP, etc trucks). Will you be making any like this or not?

P.S. I'm not trying to be a gimmie pig, just to let everyone know.

EDIT: I'm assuming you might include this in the "other variations" like you said above.

Last edited:
Kay9, from what I can see by looking at photos, this is what I came up with:

NS 8689-8716 which mostly have SOU heritage marks have the closed bearing houseing

NS 8717-8763 have the open bearing houseing, but not like CSX and UP. On the last axle on the lead truck conductors side the houseing is closed with a wire coming out of the end running up to the body.

NS 8300-8313 which are Ex-CR have the normal open bearing houseing like CSX and UP.

There are of course a few exception in the mix, such as:
NS 8311 an Ex-CR has closed houseings
NS 8714 has open housings
There are some more also
My reason for this is truck swaps through the years.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
yes there is a big mix and match that is harder to nail down than what ptrainman did. some of the 873Xs for instance have the closed bearings as well as present day 874Xs in the later horsehead scheme. probably as noted these came from truck rebuilds cycling through the fleet. even the locations of the speed recorders are not always the same, also thie makes me have to use another truck, which might get done. that being said, all that was seen above is still in production, and was a simple rendering, where some items like the trucks are only part of the model scene for visualization. also i picked the numbers used in the scene at random - another part that has no bearing on what goes into the sim. all of them are still being worked on, for instance the CNW unit recently got its strobe light and some paint corrections. not everything about one unit or another can be added since most are unique, i could do without running numbers and do them all single units but that would mean a user is getting only one locomotive rather than a decent representation of the fleet. this kind of detail 'balancing' usually goes on right up until release.

8689 - 8713 are SOU marked locomotives (24 delivered in 1990).
8714 - 8763 is what this model would represent. they are the ones with the drop down steps on the front and back to match the deck height of an EMD. these are all NS marked locomotives. the trucks will probably be changed for these, as well as adding the exhaust silencers.

Last edited:
Sounds good NS37. I thought they were about ready to be released, but I must have been wrong. Can't wait for them to be released, and when they are I will be stopping by the JR store for atleast two of them. Also can't wait for the new rollingstock Socalwb909 has in store, any idea when he plans to release them, just asking.

Gimme pig alert

guinea-pig.jpg

Great! Can't wait for them to be released. The whole truck thing isn't really that big of a deal, well for me at least.

Just thought I'd ask as there really are too many variations of locomotives for each roadname. Why can't they just stick to one design for each model, we can't make everything!

Gimme pig alert

guinea-pig.jpg
Hold on there just a cottonpicken minute!!! What in the devil did I say for you to call me a gimmie-pig??? I just made a statemet about them saying that I (a person who knows nothing about modeling or texturing, but quite abit about trains) thought it looked finished and good enough for release. I was not asking for release or pushing for a release. And the question about the rollingstock from Socalwb909 was just a simple, polite question.
Everything I have requested or ask about on here was asked politely, and not inthe way the rest of the people you'll call gimme-pigs around here. And on another note, I have never asked, begged, or pushed for update or release on any thing. I may ask about something once in awhile but that is it.
Now I am done my rant, but I did not and do not like being called a gimmie-pig and being compared to people like NewYorkCentral who in my opinion needs to be called a gimmie-pig. I have done nothing to the extent he has.

Now there I am done,
Paul

Last edited:
Just thought I'd ask as there really are too many variations of locomotives for each roadname. Why can't they just stick to one design for each model, we can't make everything!
Well with locomotives that the railroads bought themselves they are preety consistant. NS has also been the odd ball of all the railroads when it came to buying units up until here lately. When you get into mergers and takeovers that make even more versions of the same model on the same railroad.

Hold on there just a cottonpicken minute!!! What in the devil did I say for you to call me a gimmie-pig??? I just made a statemet about them saying that I (a person who knows nothing about modeling or texturing, but quite abit about trains) thought it looked finished and good enough for release. I was not asking for release or pushing for a release. And the question about the rollingstock from Socalwb909 was just a simple, polite question.
Everything I have requested or ask about on here was asked politely, and not inthe way the rest of the people you'll call gimme-pigs around here. And on another note, I have never asked, begged, or pushed for update or release on any thing. I may ask about something once in awhile but that is it.
Now I am done my rant, but I did not and do not like being called a gimmie-pig and being compared to people like NewYorkCentral who in my opinion needs to be called a gimmie-pig. I have done nothing to the extent he has.

Now there I am done,
Paul

Ok, fair enough. I take it back, I just don't want this thread to get overrun with gimme pigs, like some other threads( AKA some threads that we all know by newyorkcentral), but I admit that I jumped the gun and that it was unnessasary.

Well I probably got a little hot tempered over it to. It takes alot to get me worked up, but when somebody makes me mad I get hot.

Happens to me all the time!:D :D Like I said before, I just don't want this thread to get overrun by gimme pigs (817Taylor, NEWYORKCENTRAL) or get pestered by bearcat (who is probibally putting his fist through the computer because he sees so many people who are happy to have him away, and the fact that there are so many oversized images) and the like.

NS37: Those dash 8's are looki'n good, as usual!;)

I understand that very well. I can see how worrysome newyorkcentral has been and I am not like that. I hope all is well now.

Paul

-Back on track...
-Another intermodal car. 85ft flatcar. It can hold four 20ft containers or two 40ft containers or two 20ft containers and one 40ft container:

1035.jpg

-Joe

Last edited:
Not too shabby

If you were to change them into New Zealand Rail colours I would buy them but if I remember I asked you to do that to some that I looked at and you diden"t want to know so no sorry I'm not intersted but if you are willing to do so then please contact me here
cvkiwi@slingshot.co.nz
chris sullivan

Back