JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

any chance for NS Dash 9s to have gecko script as well? id love to have some really rugged looking units pulling some freight

Lovin it guys.

Nice day.

stealthsteam_20121106_0021.jpg

stealthsteam_20121106_0024.jpg

stealthsteam_20121106_0028.jpg

stealthsteam_20121106_0045.jpg

stealthsteam_20121106_0046.jpg

stealthsteam_20121106_0047.jpg

nice shots Stealth!

I also like the idea of the gecko script on the Dash 9's
can't wait to get my hands on them
​-Taylor

any chance for NS Dash 9s to have gecko script as well? id love to have some really rugged looking units pulling some freight

As an outsider looking in, it is my opinion that it will have it. Gecko has been part of the Jointed Rail library for quite some time- I bought an SD40 that had it, but I don't think it has been very commonly used on stuff. I see that it has been used quite a bit on the newer stuff now (and I'm glad!) I honestly never liked that weathered units of the same loco were a separate purchase (I sort of thought of it as a cheesy way to charge for an extra locomotive just to have an extra layer of weathering applied).

I like the Gecko being used on the new stuff now.... as a buyer of payware, I feel like I am getting more bang for my buck! Keep up the great work, guys!

Agreed. This is something we plan to address in the future. I like the gecko feature but can't always use it depending on the circumstances on the particular model. I can say you will see more of it, and in fact there was a new feature added to the gecko script today!

Thanks,

Mike

Agreed. This is something we plan to address in the future. I like the gecko feature but can't always use it depending on the circumstances on the particular model. I can say you will see more of it, and in fact there was a new feature added to the gecko script today!

Thanks,

Mike

I've played with Gecko and Chameleon- I'm a lot more familiar with Chameleon, and I know that I've run into problems with models that use multiple maps on the model and multiple LOD's. I'm looking forward to seeing what new goodness you guys have added to Gecko!

Thanks Daniel still the fun part of getting them animated and in game mate so yeah another ten year's and we should be good to go..lol.
Cheers Mick.

Another 10 years?! I could be driving real trains by then! But in all seriousness, Nice work... I wonder what other continents that ore car can find its way too.. (Hint hint LOL)..........

there was a new feature added to the gecko script today!

One that perhaps BNSF 4794 has a blown turbo and is there for rendered useless? Man that would be awesome... Driving and all the sudden, you cant drive no more cuz the turbo randomly exploded on you like the real things!
Or maybe.. it is leaking oil... So as your driving down the tracks.. you see black splotches appearing all over 4794..... Or maybe, it randomly spits fire out the side? Or maybe it has a bad radiator, and is overheating and melting the paint job... OR perhaps, it randomly changes while your driving.. soo 4794 was a nice shiny Dash 9, but then it randomly overheated and melted part of the paint job......

Just a few interesting speculation as to what the new feature could bring us!

I can not tell you how much i like the Dash9 locos... Especially the BNSF sheme. Greath work!!!!!! Thanks JOINTEDRAIL!!!

One that perhaps BNSF 4794 has a blown turbo and is there for rendered useless? Man that would be awesome... Driving and all the sudden, you cant drive no more cuz the turbo randomly exploded on you like the real things!
Or maybe.. it is leaking oil... So as your driving down the tracks.. you see black splotches appearing all over 4794..... Or maybe, it randomly spits fire out the side? Or maybe it has a bad radiator, and is overheating and melting the paint job... OR perhaps, it randomly changes while your driving.. soo 4794 was a nice shiny Dash 9, but then it randomly overheated and melted part of the paint job......

Just a few interesting speculation as to what the new feature could bring us!

well i have to say i do like the imagination. gecko is a name the guys gave my skin changing part of the train fx library (because it is like chameleon), so it really only deals with the skin of the locomotive.

forgot to add, we put up some backgrounds of the BNSF Dash 9s at the site.

Last edited:
okay okay no need to all come in asking for your favorites as if they are forgotten. :p i made renders with the others but i decided they look much better with multiple engines in the scene, so i will wait until the other textures are complete.

Back