JointedRail stuff [screenshots/renders]

Technically not ALCO's as I believe these are Montreal Locomotive Works (Canadian Alco) M630's. Beautiful beasts either way, and gorgeous shots!

TJ
True, ALCo Century design built by Montreal, such as many surviving ALCo FAs were actually built by the MLC.

Far warmer and less snowy than now!

Under the shadow of the Manhattan skyline, the YPD-131 crew gingerly goes about their work drilling Long Island City yard in preparation for the remainder of the evening rush. Today, the usual SW1001 was down for the count, so a CE crew came in to bring this temporary E15 to do the work. As they shove back onto 3 track with two coaches for Train 664 to Port Jefferson, a superlocal with Budd M3s prepares to head east to Hunterspoint Ave. and onto Jamaica, where they will rocket along the Montauk Branch to Babylon. The date is May 27, 1992.

Huge thank you to ModelerMJ/RubyTMIX, petrama25, the JR gang, and all others for creating content to make this scene possible. Have been wanting to do this area for nearly a decade. :wave:

scr_56a2ff54de0cc.jpg

Looking good!

A lot of the Google/3d warehouse buildings look awesome if you load them into Blender/3ds max and work on them a little... quite a treasure trove to be had!

Definitely a work of art Knifeswitch1. Definitely Long Island City Scene. I really like how you have the high rises and towers from Manhattan in the background and the airplane above the Manhattan Skyline. Amazing. :cool:

Hot damn Alex, Crazy realistic :) that super elevation really makes it look like its zooming by too

Alas, I'm still using 2012... haha

Last edited:
Thanks again all. I'm glad the area gives off the gritty LIC feel.

It looks tremendous. Is that MTA stuff something that is/will be publicly available?

I am still quite a long ways off from a release-able version, but I would certainly like to release the full project and content in a pack down the road. No idea on a timeline, but I would like to see this all released eventually.

Nice shot there Wearspada and Knifeswitch. Do I spy a Alco F1 PA Long Island unit in there?

There are some plans in the works for FA-1/2 power packs, but the unit you see (on the wrong end of the train for the picture's sake) is one of the F7 conversions that was done after the purchase of the FAs. Ryan did this for me a few years ago when the F7 was first updated. Hopefully a new version will see the light of day at some point as well.

I am still quite a long ways off from a release-able version, but I would certainly like to release the full project and content in a pack down the road. No idea on a timeline, but I would like to see this all released eventually.

Good things are worth waiting for.

Back