Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locos stop responding

Default Locos stop responding

What would make my Jointed Rail Locos stop responding when I couple to another car? As soon as I make a coupling, the loco keeps going and will not respond to any control inputs. I'm running TANE, build 105766 in Windows 10. This occurs when using both my keyboard and my Raildriver.

Quote Originally Posted by mag315 View Post
    What would make my Jointed Rail Locos stop responding when I couple to another car? As soon as I make a coupling, the loco keeps going and will not respond to any control inputs. I'm running TANE, build 105766 in Windows 10. This occurs when using both my keyboard and my Raildriver.
    Need more info.

A particular JR engine, ALL JR engines? Does it happen when coupling to one particular car, or any car ..JR cars, or non-JR cars? Does it happen on a particular Route, or ALL Routes?
    -What Driver Commands do you have loaded when this happens? ... Did you select a custom set in Edit Session, or use only the Default Driver Commands? Have you modified a Driver Command or Script?
    --Is this happening while in DCC mode, Cab mode, or while AI is driving? Have you tried testing under a different control method?
    USER ERROR. Please uninstall Trainz and resume thinking it wasn't your fault. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KingConrail76 View Post
    Need more info.

A particular JR engine, ALL JR engines? Does it happen when coupling to one particular car, or any car ..JR cars, or non-JR cars? Does it happen on a particular Route, or ALL Routes?
    -What Driver Commands do you have loaded when this happens? ... Did you select a custom set in Edit Session, or use only the Default Driver Commands? Have you modified a Driver Command or Script?
    --Is this happening while in DCC mode, Cab mode, or while AI is driving? Have you tried testing under a different control method?

It happens in both DCC and Cab mode, don't do AI right now. Doesn't seem to matter what car I couple to. Seems to happen in all routes. I have noticed it in a loco I bought and downloaded today: GE B30-7 - CSX YN2 (Weathered) and one I downloaded previously: EMD GP38-2 - HLCX. I have the South Bay Mega Pack and those locos all work fine. I've also noticed this with a loco I bought from RRMods.

Blog Entries

It's a glitch with Trainz, I've experienced it a few time. All you need to do is swap to a different consist and then switch back. It's annoying but at least its easy to fix.
    How Tomorrow Moves

Quote Originally Posted by Mkultra04 View Post
    It's a glitch with Trainz, I've experienced it a few time. All you need to do is swap to a different consist and then switch back. It's annoying but at least its easy to fix.

Hey, thanks for the help.

Blog Entries

Hey, thanks for the help.
    No problem, did it work for ya?
    How Tomorrow Moves

No problem, did it work for ya?

Yep, it works but it sure takes a lot of enjoyment out of using certain locomotives. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Yep, it works but it sure takes a lot of enjoyment out of using certain locomotives. Thanks again!
    Yeah I does get pretty annoying, at least they still work, kinda.
    How Tomorrow Moves

Yeah I does get pretty annoying, at least they still work, kinda.
    Now I'm no longer willing to purchase any further locos from Jointed Rail or RRMods because the last ones I've bought have all been affected by this problem.

Blog Entries

Now I'm no longer willing to purchase any further locos from Jointed Rail or RRMods because the last ones I've bought have all been affected by this problem.
    Honestly it's not the locomotives, I've experienced this with engines from NARM, the DLS, and other sites. Don't let this put you off of JR and RRmods, I've purchased a good amount from both sites and most of the engines never experience the problem and the ones that this has happened to has only happened once or twice.
    How Tomorrow Moves

[QUOTE=Mkultra04;1813195]Honestly it's not the locomotives, I've experienced this with engines from NARM, the DLS, and other sites. Don't let this put you off of JR and RRmods, I've purchased a good amount from both sites and most of the engines never experience the problem and the ones that this has happened to has only happened once or twice.[/QU

While this may be a problem with TANE, I can't ignore the fact that some of the locos I have purchased from JR and RRMODS work flawlessly while others are basically unusable.

Blog Entries

Wait does it happen every time you use certain engines?
    How Tomorrow Moves

Yes, there are several that do this every time I use them. That's why I thought I'd see if JR had any suggestions.

Blog Entries

Yes, there are several that do this every time I use them. That's why I thought I'd see if JR had any suggestions.
    Hmm, what engines are they?
    How Tomorrow Moves

This one: https://jointedrail.com/product/emd-gp38-2-hlcx/ is the worst offender. This one: https://jointedrail.com/product/ge-b...yn2-weathered/ also gives me a lot of problems. This one from RRMods: http://www.rrmods.us/product/lirc-gp39-2/ is another.