TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

[h=1]Milwaukee Road 261, A Steam Locomotive for the 21st Century Paperback – 2004[/h]
by Steve Glischinski (Author)

the book is sold out on amazon.com

but try contact the author or friend of the 261 website they can help you and I can see what I can do because I am a lifetime member of the RHMA

Hallo,

Thank you for that information. Looks like I will need to create even more versions from the heritage 261 as well. Does somebody knows when the MILW introduced the mars light back in service times. Because at the photos I found from the S3 during its service time the mars light has already been there.

Thank you.
Your’s TUME

The Mars Light was added around 1950 when the Milwaukee Road modified the smoke box front. And to answer the question of why the 261 has 2 whistles, one is the original Milwaukee Road 3 Chime whistle while the other is a Santa Fe 6 Chime added sometime in the early 2000's, but the air horn was there from when the locomotive was built in 1944 along with the 3 Chime whistle. And personally I like the bell positioned more towards the fireman's side of the smoke box.

Milwaukee Road Avery – Drexel in TRS2006 - a journey back in time

Hello,

for those who are able to enjoy the Milwaukee Road Avery – Drexel in Trainz: A New Era – Deluxe, I have something to look into the past.

In this case, the past does not just mean the past of train operations in the Bitterroot Mountains, it also means a journey back into the times of TRS 2004 and TRS 2006.
Now as Youtube also supports video playtimes longer than 10 minutes, I could activate my original video “The Milwaukee Road in the Bitterroot's Presentation V-01”. This little movie has been created in the spring of 2009. It shows the route in its state just before it has been moved from TRS 2006 to TS 2009.

Now you can see the full length version, rather than only the shortened.

During summer 2009 I sent this video to N3V Games to answer their call for routs to become built-in-content at TS 2010. This was the start of the nice collaboration with N3V Games which continues today.

As the Avery – Drexel route reached the texture limits in TRS 2006, I once had to reduce the texture size of as much assets as I could. Therefore I introduced my own texture-reduced trees and houses. These trees fortunately had been replaced by speed trees but the texture-reduced buildings and houses remained in TS 2010 and have eventually replaced with suitable updates which I created for T:ANE.

So enjoy watching the movie and to see all the progress in trainz development from the TRS 2006 times until today’s T:ANE – after all a time of about 10 years.

Your’s TUME

Last edited:
Thread bump..............

Hello tume,

I used to be kwt96 a few years ago, now I'm wpn96.

I remember your road vehicles, mainly the motorhome and others. Are you still working on them??? Because lately I've been getting interested in drivable vehicles in Trainz.

Tume do you need any help on the S3 Northers?

If you do let know what you need and I will try my best during this year fall colors run with the 261

This may not be the best place for this question, but does anyone else have problems driving this route eastbound transcon freight scenario near Adair. I get around the loop at the east end of Loop creek and all I get is wheelslip.

The Joe reached Alberton, Mt

Hello,

just a lot of work still needs to be done at the Drexel-Alberton-Extension.

Jet there is no tree, no texture and no detail been placed between St.Regis and the eastern end of the layout at Schilling, Mt - which is situated just a Little west of Missoula, Mt.

The land surface required a lot of attention although it has been done nicely by James Moody.
And now the spline work (tracks, roads, rivers, creeks ect.) also has mainly been completed.
At present I am about to create several buildings as needed to meet the real thing as good as possible.

But those who are patiently waiting for some news and for the route itself here is a message:

The Joe reached Alberton, Mt :)

24986718245_444633e7cd_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Nice to hear from you again TUME keep up the good work. I hope your enjoying that Milwaukee Road coach I sent you to beta. I will let you know when we finish more for you. :) I should hopefully if I can find the time to release the rest of the other coaches soon (been very busy lately)

Nice to hear from you again TUME keep up the good work. I hope your enjoying that Milwaukee Road coach I sent you to beta. I will let you know when we finish more for you. :) I should hopefully if I can find the time to release the rest of the other coaches soon (been very busy lately)

cap-kirk-uses-rock-throw-o.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment I and Chickenjoe appreciate it since I pitch out the cars and do the research and Chickenjoe does the skins. :)

Could you show us more pictures of the in progress work?

Hello - yes, I can :)

Here some Screens from Alberton, Mt. At the Moment I am about to create building assets for the area near by the tracks. The house line along the Railroad AVE is not complete yet, but just feel free to check out that street at Google Maps. I am sure you will recognize something :)

The ground texture and the environmental details will be implemented after the track, road and river splines and after the buildings.

25280860135_0d98e355bd_o.jpg

25280858625_783ff98545_o.jpg

25162620212_fe2bc7c039_o.jpg

24654083903_ee3eb08b90_o.jpg

25254608546_cd32fdd409_o.jpg

24985262410_d03d01b392_o.jpg

25162610512_3b09507110_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Thanks. Where we would buy this route in the fututre?. I don't know if this project is going to be an exapnasion of Avery-Drexel with the Avery-Drexel part included or a brand new route.

Thanks. Where we would buy this route in the fututre?. I don't know if this project is going to be an exapnasion of Avery-Drexel with the Avery-Drexel part included or a brand new route.

Well - the Drexel-Alberton will be attached onto the existing Avery-Drexel-Section.
Eventually the new route will cover the fourth Rock Mountain Subdivision of the MILW from Alberton to Avery.
May be I will call it Milwaukee Road Alberton - Avery Subdivision.

But as that route also will include the NP line to Mullan, Id and the MILW-NP-track connections at St.Regis and Haugan, Mt it will open nice possibilities for a lot of interesting sessions. Also there will be some industrial active sidings alongside of both RR. There is a wood mill connected to the NP line east of Superior (still there today) and a logging siding near by the NP Fish-Creek-Viaduct (now removed but the ROW can be seen at Google Maps). Also the route will contain the gravel pit at frenchtown once served by a MILW siding (now are gone) - but users could play with local gravel trains.

Your's TUME

Back