TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Alberton, MT

Hello,

thank you all for your compliments! As we can see, the catenary is still on and so we can watch the Joe pulling a train as well.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Alberton, MT

Hello,
thank you Jdriver, that's why I created my rolling stock seasonal too :) Here comes just some more seasonal screens from Alberton, MT.

Your's TUME

Great shots!
While I'm typing this I'm seeing the EP-2 and EP-3 in your signature, great work on those. Have they been released yet or are they still private?
No rush, take your time and keep up the great work.

Hello,

after adding more SSd capacity into my PC and installing TANE-SP4, I am back on track again.
Yesterday night I could decorate about 37 square kilometers of landscape - just the hills north of Alberton, MT. Today I could continue a little eastward.

The following screens indicates a freight going in front of the newly decorated landscape.

A eastbound moves eastward about one kilometer west of Alberton, MT.

The same train while crossing the bridge over West Mountain Creek about three kilometers west of Alberton, MT.

The train reaches Alberton, MT.

The train moves out of Alberton, MT towards Missoula, MT.

Your's TUME

Landscape decoration at Nine Mile Tunnel near Soudan, MT.

Hello,

now the landscape decoration reached the Nine Mile Tunnel near Soudan, MT.

The rulers in the first screenshot mark the position of steep rock cliffs which I still need to work out of the terrain surface, before I can cover it with rock texture.

The secont screenshot provides an overview.
I decided to erease the terrain arround Frenchtown as it is not important for the Alberton-Avery-Section. In this way I also will save a lot of time :)

Well the Nine Mile Tunnel and Soudan are not really required for the Alberton-Avery-Section too, but I like to decorate that area as I like it to see trains rolling through the Nine-Mile-Tunnel, Soudan and along the big 180° curve to the east of it :)

Your's TUME

Moving through Nine Mile Tunnel between Soudan and Alberton, MT

Hello,

now here we go ... a westbound freight is moving through Nine Mile Tunnel between Soudan and Alberton, MT.

Your's TUME

Hello,

happy new year to all!

Here are some progress screenshots from the MILW-Alberton-Avery route. You can see a westbound freight moving through the big curve at Soudan, MT passing over the bridge, alongside the sidings and eventually going through Nine-Mile-Tunnel.

Your's TUME

Hello,

this combination steel and timber bridge still exists at Huson, MT, above the former Milwaukee Road. Across them runs the road from Soudan to Huson, MT. Now, after a long time, I had started the GMAX again and so today the model of this bridge was finally finished and could be incorporated into the simulation.

Your's TUME

Hello,

within some more GMAX-work I could create some more details for the MILW Alberton-Avery route, like the Airport at Superior, MT.

Your's TUME

Now - this is what the Alberton depot building looks like. Today I could get that building finished in Gmax. Originally the Milwaukee Road depot buildings used to be painted in orange and maroon. But through the years the paint scheme has been changed for some reasons. The appearence in dark and light grey was used until the end of line in 1980. Therefore I created the texture in dark and light grey as well althought I like the orange and maroon color scheme much more.
Fortunately some of the depot buildings remained in the orange and maroon colors just like at Drummond (now well preserved at the Ft. Missoula Museum) and Superior (now moved to another location near Superior, MT and in poor condition).

Yours TUME

Last edited:
That's very nice, TUME. The change to the grey scheme was a cost-cutting measure, along with the deferred maintenance that eventually doomed the line.

:B~(

Back