TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Tume, I believe the part that you marked in the last picture is the fuel filter. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Great looking SD-40-2!
Have a good day,
Bernie

On my CNW C44AC that I detailed in HO scale, it was actually an air filter. Not quite sure how an air filter got placed under the frame just in front of the fuel tank, but thats what the brass part was called when I bought it. Same location and design, I would assume its the same part. It may be an intake for the compressor perhaps?

On my CNW C44AC that I detailed in HO scale, it was actually an air filter. Not quite sure how an air filter got placed under the frame just in front of the fuel tank, but thats what the brass part was called when I bought it. Same location and design, I would assume its the same part. It may be an intake for the compressor perhaps?

Hmm, maybe a stupid idea, but couldn't it be an air filter for the fuel tank itself? If it weren't there the fuel tank would slowly suck itself vacuum when fuel gets pumped out by the engine.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam,

Jan

The “Milwaukee Road” route is intended for inclusion in TS2010!

Tume,
I just wanted to congratulate you. A truly outstanding route on every level. Scenically breathtaking, technically clean and accurate. One of the few routes that really shows that Trainz can be considered to be a serious simulator and not just a virtual model railroad. This one really stands out from the crowd.

Many, many thanks for all your hard work, I salute you.

Stuart

Dear all,

thank you very much for all your nice comments about my work. I am very happy to see, that so many people likes it.

Many of asked for the day, when I will release everything. Just as I started to get the final things done at the route, AURAN called for routes to be included into the new release. Due to the difficulties of TRS2006 about the handling of too many big textures, I decided to see, how the route comes up in TS2009.
The change over is done. This also included a lot of content creation. In my point of view, the route will be much better performed by using all the new possibilities of TS2009.

Now I can proudly acknowledge that the route is intended for inclusion in TS2010, like you can see at AURAN’s TS2010 web page.

:)

http://www.ts2010.com/index.php

Have all a nice weekend.
Cheers TUME :)

Hello tume
Just wondering: Will the locomotives will be released for Trs2006 sometime, or are they going to only be TRS2010 or 2009 as well?. There's many of us that would like to get our hands on the throttle of 261 I know.

Hello tume
Just wondering: Will the locomotives will be released for Trs2006 sometime, or are they going to only be TRS2010 or 2009 as well?. There's many of us that would like to get our hands on the throttle of 261 I know.

Hallo,

There has no decision been made about the release of some content also for TRS2006. But considering some difficulties about texture handling of TRS2006 in connection with such a large route, it may does not make much sense, to release the Electrics for TRS2006 as well. There is just no other route available to operate it, as the Milwaukee Road EF4's have been used at the Montana Division only. To run the Joe's at another route would be historically wrong. We will see.
As soon, as I have more time left, I will also get back to the S3 Northern. It is a great compliment for me, to see, that people are really waiting for it, but my spear time also has limits and sometimes, I have to do other stuff including a little social life, rather than work for Trainz :) I hope this is understandable :) But be sure, the 4-8-4 will make its way out of my PC to the people.

Now here comes a screen collection about my locomotives intended to make its way onto AURAN's TS2010.

tume200910160000.jpg

tume200910160001.jpg

tume200910160002.jpg

tume200910160003.jpg

tume200910160005.jpg

tume200910160006.jpg

tume200910160004.jpg

Cheers TUME
:)

Different Joes at different lines.

I believe some of those Little Joes were run on the Chicago and South Shore.

Yes, you are right. The Sovjet Union was the original customer of this locomotives, but the delivery had been cancelled by the government at the end of the 50’s because of the cold war.
At first, the Milwaukee Road did not want to bye these electrics as it was to light and did not meet the requirements of Milwaukee Road’s mainline.
Some had been sold to the Chicago South Shore & South Bend, others to Brazil, before the Milwaukee Road eventually bought the rest, just for the scrap worth.
Improved at Milwaukee Road’s own engine shops, these electrics became the most powerful and most reliable single electrics at the Milwaukee Road and dominated the freight traffic at the Montana Division until the end of the electrification.

I created the EF4 just the way, as it appeared in the late 60’s and the early 70’s. Major improvements, done by the Milwaukee Road have changed the appearance of these locomotives in opposite to the units used around Chicago. A different colour scheme, a snow plough at the front, a huge wire connector block at the back and, most significant, the Milwaukee Road units had been turned from bi directional locomotives into single directional locomotives.

So all that means, it requires major changes to the mesh and texture to make the asset suitable for use at a South Bend route.

PS: By the way, your Signature Picture looks great!

It's nice to see that your GP9 might make it into TS2010. By the way, will those EF4's have a custom cab like most of your locomotives have? Thanks for the wonderful screenshots. Thanks.

It's nice to see that your GP9 might make it into TS2010. By the way, will those EF4's have a custom cab like most of your locomotives have? Thanks for the wonderful screenshots. Thanks.

Yes, both electrics got a special workable driver cab interior. It also includes several camera positions, even outside the cab. So you can ride the loco also in front of the cab-front-door, looking directly to the track.

Driver cab – EF4 (Little Joe E75)

Driver cab – EF2 (Boxcab E29 A+B+C)

This route may be the primary reason for TS2010 Purchase

Tanks for you great compliments to all of you!

Now my Milwaukee Road Bitterroot Project, the simulation of Milwaukee Road’s St. Paul Pass and Northern Pacific’s Lookout Pass have made it up to TS2010 and will eventually released like outlined at the TS2010 presentation sides.

Link: http://www.n3vrf41l.com/productpage.php?id=82

At TS2010, the route is called “Milwaukee Road Avery Drexel”, as the simulation extends between Drexel, Mt at the east end and Avery, Id to the west end.

There are some screens at this side as well. Its at the gallery to the right hand side at the screen. Those screens shows a non Milwaukee Road Train running eastbound just a little north of Avery Id. Beside the invited Speed Trees®, the new 3d-5LOD-tracks, as well as the trolley, the telegraph and the HV-Power wires can be clearly seen.

Besides, this is eventually the fourth time that the trees have been changed at the route. I started with a tree mixture in 2006 and used it all the way up to St. Paul Pass within the copy and past function of TRS2006. But in between, new trees and texture became available as well I found more and more photo information about the appearance of the real landscape. Therefore I decided to create a set of new trees by using redesigned texture from other trees – mostly from dmdrake. David gave me the permission to use his sources long ago – thanks again David. Unfortunately, TRS2006 did not have a function like the newly invented Asset Replacement at TS2009. So I had to change the whole forest by hand – all the way from Avery up to Eastportal – about 30 Kilometres !!!! Later – about one year ago, as I was about creating the Town of Mullan, Id, TRS2006 crashed several times. I described that problem before. TRS2006 could not handle the enormous number of different big textures, so I had to save on texture where I could. I started a big deal of optimisation. This also felled the tree textures, which had been resized and changed. TS2009 and its new functions came too late, to make this change obsolete :) And now, the trees have been change again, but just see the new screens, made by AURAN.

Have a nice day.

Regards TUME

Alright, I'll break, Ill have to buy TRS2010 just for your content!

Any word on one my personal favorite locomotive types, the EP-2 BiPolar's? One of my Favorite electrics by a landslide, not pleasant on the eyes, but they have a charm of their own.

Alright, I'll break, Ill have to buy TRS2010 just for your content!

Any word on one my personal favorite locomotive types, the EP-2 BiPolar's? One of my Favorite electrics by a landslide, not pleasant on the eyes, but they have a charm of their own.

Oh well – that is a big compliment for me. And the guys from AURAN may like it too ;-)

You are right! The EP2s had been one of the most impressive electrics ever built. I actually came to my interest about the Milwaukee Road because of a chapter about the EP2s in a locomotive book in 1991. Well its been a long way until today and most of the information I could eventually collect about the electrics and the Milwaukee Road became just available within the grow up of the world wide web.

But back to your question. I have already created a series of EP2s – like shown before in this thread or in others. This includes the version of its appearance during the 20’s, the 30’s and the 40’s as well as after its redesign in the middle of the 50’s. The mesh for all of this has been done, except the running numbers, which is one of the open point, as well as the interiors for all of the different versions and eventually, I will have to create a UP color texture for the appearance of this locos when some of it had been brought from the Coast Division onto the Montana Division. So, there is still a lot of work to do and I can not make any promises for a release time jet.
In addition to this, there is no route available at the moment, where the Bi-Polars could be operated. My Avery-Drexel route represents the time period in the early 70’s and there was no EP2 service anymore. My Othello Kittitas is still unfinished. But it probably will make sense to push this route, the EP2’s and the 4-8-4 S3 Northern right beside in time. This would open the possibility to release everything at the same time, so people will get the locos and the route to run it – all together in a way, which is historically right. Besides creating of the whole Hanford branch line and to finish the Towns of Othello and Warden,Wa there are a lot better trees and bushes available, which should be used to replace the former foliage, considering my work at this route paused since 2006. Fortunately I now can use the advantage of the new functions at TS2009 and soon of TS2010, but we are talking about several month time, that’s for sure.

ep2atboylston001.jpg

EP2 #E1 eastbound at Boylston,Wa (this area was created in about 2005)

Your’s TUME

Back