TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Hello,

here some progress screenshots from the Frenchtown gravel pit and from the MILW - NP level crossing at Huson, MT.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Looks great Tume! I am really impressed with the dragline animation! I was curious and tried to find any other historic photos, because I know sometimes lakes and ponds like that are the actual old gravel pit that filled with water after they were no longer in use. I did not find anything of their time in operation that would show that though, so what you have is more true to what we know.

Hello,

the animation of these cables is not easy. Especially as its been quite a time ago that I did some complicated animations like this. As it seems not to be possible to create mesh that can by streched (or I just does not know how) I need to organise each cable in some small parts moving along the same axis while depending at different b.r.dummies. These b.r.dummies than needs to "look at constraint" to each other.

Still I have to get the main dragcable done.

After that I will have done just one animation cyclus. But becuse ut would look a bit strange if a hopper would be filled up within just one digger bucket, I will need to get more animation loops realised - up to five should be ok.
I hope one animation loop can be extended by some copie and past stuff, otherwise I would have to do that manually by typing in the values for each of animation track points as required :)

Your's TUME

Hello trainfan08,
thanks for asking!

Between all the terrible news of the last few days, I found some time to continue working on the Dragline Excavator - even if it was just for "distraction".

I was able to finish the animation. At the moment I am trying to modify the script "limestonesilo_1.gs" (used at my TUME-862-Limestone-Loading / kuid 82412:5000862 in the route "Season Town" embeded in T:ANE-Deluxe) so that I can create a script usable for loading hopper cars through the excavator. Unfortunately I still have problems to do so.
I want to slow down the hopper animation so that the load mesh gies up much more slow that usualy. Also I want to switch of the hopper car smoke effect by the script. Better would be if I could cut back get the intensity of that smoke effect and keeping the effect for a longer time. In addition to this I am trying to carrie out the animation loop of the dragline elevator seveal times while the car car load mesh in the hopper moves slowly up. Unfortunately I was yet not sucessfully.

Your's TUME

Last edited:

So, I've become infatuated with your EF1, using it on my own route, but the age of the interior cab is becoming noticeable. Do you have any plan to update that loco to the higher texture and geometry of Trainz today?

Hey, I am wondering when the S3 northern is coming out, Because I feel like the TUME S3 will be overshadowed by the K&L Trainz S3. Thats just a thought but if it's already out, can you please give me the link on where I can find it.

Last edited:
Hey, I am wondering when the S3 northern is coming out, Because I feel like the TUME S3 will be overshadowed by the K&L Trainz S3. Thats just a thought but if it's already out, can you please give me the link on where I can find it.

K&L Trainz already released their S3.

Thats sad because he was a very good trainz user and content creator, and he had several models we wanted to see released.

I hope not! Rather, I think real life pulls him away with job and family. Sometimes it can be hard to find enough productive time to spare to work on the effort he is making as he nears Missoula Montana. Hey Tume, if you read this, I would volunteer to work on upgrading your segment from Othello to Kittitas to TS2019. It would have to pass your standards, of course!

Hello,
here comes a video of a MILW maintenance train heading east from Alberton, MT towards Huson, MT. Have fun watching it :)

Your's TUME

Hello,
at the video you can see the result of quite a long creation process. At first it toke a lot of time to get all the animation of the Dragline Excavator done. After that I needed pretty much attempts to get the script file set up to allow several animation cycles for a nice looking loading process. Now I am quite satisfied with it so far - except that the partikle effect at the hopper car starts to early. Unfortunately I could not yet find a way to create a delay for the start of the particle effect. So if anybody has an idea, dont hesitate to tell me :)
Have fun watching it!

Your's TUME

Improved Dragline Excavator Industry Asset

Hello,

here comes a new video about my Dragline Excavator. I was quite happy about the fact, that I could get the animation done and furthermore that I could get the required script working. But there used to be some issues I was not too happy about. The biggest problem I really wanted to get solved was that the particle effect above the hopper started within the loading process. But it shall start in the moment as the bucket emptys the gravel into the hopper - not before. Therefore I investigated several nights to learn more about the script tags and its functionality. Still I am far away from being able to write a script from scratch. But by studying a lot of example scripts from assets with a similar functionality and by consulting the trainzwiki a lot, I could find out something useful.
Eventually I could find a way so the script now creates a delay between the dragline animation start and the beginning of the particle effect above the hopper car.
The only thing now is, that the things you see is the result of a time management. The script uses the "Sleep - function" to create the needed delays between the start and the stop of some operations. I already know there is a much better way to get the same result. I guess setting up processes by "time management" is not the best choice. I could create calls on animation events - which I would probably getting done. But also I would need to create messages to be send to the vehicle to delay the loading animation start as the hopper load mesh shall move up shortly befor the end of the process. But unfortunately I am not familliar enought in script writing to do such complicated stuff - well complicated for me :)

In addition to all this script stuff, I also created a nice idle sound for the excavator and I was able to switch the idle sound on and of by the script as required. Also I improved the dragline animation the way that now the bucket graps "gravel mesh" from the ground to drop it into the hopper car.

So just for the moment I am happy so far - and I can get back to continue working at the MILW route :)

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Back