TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Pweiser's ES2s on the Road (see freeware section for more information)

A MoW consist prepares to follow the regularly scheduled freight as an Extra,

MILW-ES2-MOW.jpg

:wave:

There, fixed it (in part). Still have to apologize for the missing white flags, though...

I want to apologize to TUME and all of you for my postings above. I did not notice it was a screenshots forum, as I found it by search. Will not post issues again...

Tume, anything new to show us of your work heading to Harlowtown, MT? I hope you are doing well, and I am guessing by now with any luck you would be past Missoula. Would love to see screenshots!

Hello, it is very nice to see you guys playing with me route - even by putting some non MILW-Locos into it :)

Hello,

it's been a long time I could get some work done at the MILWAUKEE-Avery-Drexel-Alberton-Route.
There used to be a lot of things which kept me very bussy (as my job for instance).

In addition to this, I did the "streetcar driving school" at the local transportation company in my hometown Chemnitz during the last month. Well - I passed sucessfully and now I can drive the heritage streetcars from our streetcar museum - as well as "normal lines streetcars/LRTs" - from time to time - besides my main job ... and I love it!!!

But now I found some time to get the big rock cliff done which is situated just a little west of Cyr, Mt. That cliff was quite hard to be worked out. Google Maps only indicates that area from above - without a 3d support. Therefore I had to study a lot of photos to understand the complicated cliff formation. But I hope my result is well recognizable.

Still the rail and road bridges have to be done, but that should be much less complicated.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Good to see you. Looks great and congratulations on qualifying to drive the streetcars, that sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Elated to see you back in action Tume! If you check with Google Maps Satellite view most of that area has street view along Interstate 90. Might get you a view not otherwise available...

Last edited:
Hello, and thanks for your compliments all of you.

@Forester1:
Yes, I agree, there is street view support along I-90. I already used this to study the landscape over there – not just that particular cliff. It helps a lot but unfortunately street view does not “look” into the river valley and often there are a lot of trees in the view.
But eventually I investigated a lot of photos e.g. from rafting tours which I could assign to the details I was interested in. Like mostly the information I needed came from several sources as google maps, google street view, USGS maps, photos from old times and from new times and I had to mix all that together in a reasonable way.
Sometimes this process does not need too much expenditure. But this special cliff formation is one of the most spectacular scenes alongside the Milwaukee Road in that area and so I wanted to meet the real thing as close as possible.

@Rob:
Yes, it is a lot of fun!
Off course you need to handle it with the required portion of respect. Driving a train of two PCCs or one articulated LRT car (about 36 metric tons in weight) is not like playing with a toy. One of the most interesting things you can see as a streetcar driver is the behavior of the other road users – no matter if car drivers, cyclists or pedestrians … about 20% are quite stupide. Road crossing without looking before, using headphones so that they cannot hear anything while watching at the smartphone and walking over the streetcar tracks ... just the ordinary madness :)
I guess streetcar drivers (also bus drivers) are saving at least one life during one shift because they watch while the others walk around blindly. But saving lives even in this way also gives a positive feeling back :) :)

Last edited:
I'm exited tume for the release of your Milwaukee Road update its my favorite trainz route:)

do you know when it will be released

its what brought me to trainz back in Nov 2011 when i got trainz railroad simulator engineers edition

thanks - Matthew

PS

will it include the Janny substation in it i would really like for that to be included in it

.................................................................................................

Last edited:
Hi Tume, Very nice pictures of your Milwaukee Road Route. I was wondering if you had any interest in updating your Milw-GP9-284-001 (kuid2:82412:710009284:2) to Tane SP4. It works in Tane except when the Locomotive is used leading a train, when the loco's independant brake (E-Key) is applied it does not work. The locomotive does work great if it is buried in the consist. I know that work and life take a lot of our time but if your schedule is too full I understand. Just thought I would ask you. Hope you have Happy Holidays. 289v8.

The other thing 284 and sister needs is a working "3" or "A" key to apply the train brake. I realize I've mentioned this before and don't want to sound like a squeaky wheel, but the loco is perfect for yard and local work. For some reason the brakes work just fine with the RailDriver so I'm thinking it's an overlooked link in a mesh somewhere, which is far beyond my expertise.

:B~)

Bob Kluckhohn

Hello,

three weeks of vacation over Christmas time plus avoiding any contact to people to support fighting against the Corona pandemic equals to about 190 square kilometers of decorated landscape.

In the video you can follow a BN freight starting a little southeast of Superior, MT going all the way to the big rock cliff near Cyr, MT. This time I turned my seasonal route into a snowy winter appearance.

Have fun watching it!

Your’s TUME

Last edited:
Tume,
That was a really nice video. Your scenicking makes the show. I'd say your choices of trees perfectly sets the scene. Thanks for posting this. It is most impressive! :cool:

The Avery route was one of the first that I drove when I purchased TANE several years ago. It still holds a special place in my Trainz experience.

I especially liked the snow effects on the BN engines in this video. They were very convincing.

All around great job on this.

Heinrich505

Back