Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1026

Thread: TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Wow! Looks amazing. I'd love that you make MILW content. There isn't a lot of it out there. Keep up the great work!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Blog Entries

How long have you been making your fantastic works and route sir . This whole thread is outstanding .

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Blog Entries

OK, you've got my mouth watering. I bought Trainz 10 just for Avery-Drexel and when going to T:ANE, A-D was what I bought with it. I do wish you would put in whistle posts for the crossings, except then I'd have to jerk out the ones in the sessions I've written...

:B~)

Together in Trainzing!

Default Closure of the undecorated gap at St. Regis ...

Years ago, I implemented all the needed splines (tracks, catenary, telegraph wires, roads and rivers) from Drexel via St. Regis, Superior and Alberton to Nine Mile. After that I needed to do a lot of terrain adjustment at the route. Unfortunately that required very much time and the progress was very slow. If you go some pages back some of the screens indicate the work at the terrain especially alongside the rivers. Such terrain work still has to be done from Nine Mile towards Frenchtown and from St. Regis to Quinns - unfortunately.
    I carried out the first landscape decoration at the portion Drexel - St. Regis - also years ago. Back that time the decoration followed spline implementation and terrain adjustment very soon. But then I decided to do spline implementation and terrain adjustment at the main portion of the route first, to be able to do the final landscape decoration at once. The first big step of final landscape decoration has been done from Lozeau via Tarkio to Three Bridges along the MILW line at the north side of Clark Fork River Valley while the south side of the valley along the BN (ex NP) trackt remained undecorated. In the middle of December I started landscape decoration at Three Bridges and continued south side the valley along the BN tracks all the way to Lozeau - using my christmas vacation. From January to now I could finish landscape decoration along both RR lines (MILW and BN) all the way from Lozeau towards west via Superior to St. Regis, where I have now closed up to the decorated portion Drexel - St. Regis.

Your's TUME
    Last edited by tume; March 2nd, 2021 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

there's not enough 100% seasonal routes in Trainz, and there's also not enough seasonal assets either

I wonder if there's a fast and easy way to make existing assets seasonal?
    rolling stock geek

Great job of doing a very large layout in a very large state!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Tume, I wanted to share this with you. This is a promo for ScaleTrains new SDL39, featured on model railroader Bill Heiden Milwaukee Road Pacific Extension, which he models from Avery to Alberton, the same area and same era, late '70's, you're modeling in Trainz. The advantage he has over you is that he doesn't have to model miles and miles of track in his basement!
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

@ Forester1:
    Thank you very much for your compliments.

@ jordon412:
    Thank you for the link – it’s a very nice-looking model RR he has created. I plan a new H0-scale model RR as well. But still, it is all about planning track layouts :-)

@ john2002:
    As I began working at the Avery-Drexel route I really thought about creating it in a snowy winter appearance. But eventually I putted forward in favor of the ordinary summer route, which has been published within Trainz 2010 engineer’s edition.

But even Trainz 2010 changed things as it supported seasonal assets the very first time. Back that time season change was only maintained for the speed trees, ground textures and non-spline objects. Any track, road, river, catenary and telegraph assets still maintained only one season.

But N3V games announced that this will be implemented into the next release – and they kept that promise. Eventually I created my own substitutions for all of the assets I used from the DLS. Of course I created my assets in the new seasonal way. With the upcoming TS12 and its service patsches I could also change all my spline objects into seasonal assets. Eventually I reworked the entire Avery-Drexel route to support season change and the reworked route has been published within Trainz: A New Era – Deluxe. In addition to this I also published my side project route “Season Town” at Trainz: A New Era – Deluxe. This route I created because I wanted to build a quick seasonal route to show off the possibilities of the season change feature to the trainz users and I was in doubt that I would be able to get the Avery-Drexel route finished in a seasonal way until the deadline. I hoped I could bring other content creators to maintain season change with their own assets. Eventually I could finish both routes although at the last weeks I had some sleepless nights to get anything done :-)

Today a lot of content creators are creating seasonal ground textures and/or speed trees. But as far as I know, there are only a few content creators creating seasonal object or spline-assets (Dinorius_Redundicus for example).

Well – the only way to put season change functionality onto an existing asset is to create a snowy looking reskin of it and to put all the needed files into the folder structure of a seasonal asset as required. Also, a new config.txt is required. But first you will need the permission of the original creator to do so. Unfortunately, many assets use the textures everywhere at its mesh and reskinning a roof texture turns even other parts of it into a white looking appearance where you don’t want it.
    Due to that reason I only used this possibility just a very few times and I mostly created my own seasonal assets :-)

Your's TUME
    Last edited by tume; March 2nd, 2021 at 11:45 AM.

Hi Tume, I had a question regarding permission to release some reskins I made of your Olympian Hiawatha cars and erie builts a few months ago. I made the Union Pacific colored cars based on some footage from one of your videos, since you never released them. I was also working on some Union Pacific / Milwaukee road Erie builts, but I've put those on hold because of some kitbashing problems (I have been using Alpha Channels and custom meshes to change the parts and allow the skin to be changed where it normally couldn't) I also have skinned an LE&E set for a friend's fictional. Would I be able to get your permission to release these skins as freeware on a small site I am apart of? If you do give permission I already planned on putting credit to you and listen all the original assets used so people can find them. I do also planning on creating the rest of the schemes, along with remastering your original skins with higher resolution textures, but I thought I would go ahead and ask since I already have a set done. Thank you, spresley1515.
    Last edited by spresley1515; March 2nd, 2021 at 09:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tume View Post
    @ Forester1:
    Thank you very much for your compliments.

@ jordon412:
    Thank you for the link – it’s a very nice-looking model RR he has created. I plan a new H0-scale model RR as well. But still, it is all about planning track layouts :-)

@ john2002:
    As I began working at the Avery-Drexel route I really thought about creating it in a snowy winter appearance. But eventually I putted forward in favor of the ordinary summer route, which has been published within Trainz 2010 engineer’s edition.

But even Trainz 2010 changed things as it supported seasonal assets the very first time. Back that time season change was only maintained for the speed trees, ground textures and non-spline objects. Any track, road, river, catenary and telegraph assets still maintained only one season.

But N3V games announced that this will be implemented into the next release – and they kept that promise. Eventually I created my own substitutions for all of the assets I used from the DLS. Of course I created my assets in the new seasonal way. With the upcoming TS12 and its service patsches I could also change all my spline objects into seasonal assets. Eventually I reworked the entire Avery-Drexel route to support season change and the reworked route has been published within Trainz: A New Era – Deluxe. In addition to this I also published my side project route “Season Town” at Trainz: A New Era – Deluxe. This route I created because I wanted to build a quick seasonal route to show off the possibilities of the season change feature to the trainz users and I was in doubt that I would be able to get the Avery-Drexel route finished in a seasonal way until the deadline. I hoped I could bring other content creators to maintain season change with their own assets. Eventually I could finish both routes although at the last weeks I had some sleepless nights to get anything done :-)

Today a lot of content creators are creating seasonal ground textures and/or speed trees. But as far as I know, there are only a few content creators creating seasonal object or spline-assets (Dinorius_Redundicus for example).

Well – the only way to put season change functionality onto an existing asset is to create a snowy looking reskin of it and to put all the needed files into the folder structure of a seasonal asset as required. Also, a new config.txt is required. But first you will need the permission of the original creator to do so. Unfortunately, many assets use the textures everywhere at its mesh and reskinning a roof texture turns even other parts of it into a white looking appearance where you don’t want it.
    Due to that reason I only used this possibility just a very few times and I mostly created my own seasonal assets :-)

Your's TUME
    really tempted to attempt making my own custom building assets and make them seasonal
    rolling stock geek

spresley1515.Hope you do get permission for your reskins they look really cool.
    Keep it pukka

Blog Entries

hey TUME, you think you could do seasonal assets for anyone's needs? we don't have enough seasonal road vehicles, industries, factory buildings, stores and restaurants, road signs, railroad crossing gates (which your route really lacks), yard clutter, scenic clutter, etc. in Trainz yet MSTS is full of seasonal stuff
    rolling stock geek

Well, I created a lot of seasonal buildings and structures. Rail-Road crossing signs will be required for Alberton, MT and so I will create a set of such signs as well - later when I will start to put such details into the route.

But of course I concentrate myself to create assets required for my route projects - as there are my Milwaukee Road project and my Municipal Transit Railway. The Municipal Transit Railway has been released as TS12-builtin content and during the last years I am working to get a full seasonal support for that route as well. Therefore I already created much more seasonal assets than for the Milwaukee Road, as town and city buildings, advertising billboards ground textures, sidewlks, assets needed for streetcarlines, walls and fences and so on.

To show of all the mentioned seasonal assets I already created for the Municipal Transit Railway, I wil l start a new thread for that project.
    If you are intrested to have a glimpse onto a lot of my new and still anreleased seasonal assets, please feel free have a look into that new theat which will be called "TUME’s Project "Municipal Transit Railway"".

Your's TUME

Default Now working from Fish Creek toward Alberton, MT

Hello,
    after reaching St. Regis, MT coming from east, some days ago I started to work at the landscape decoration going from Fish Creek towards Alberton, MT.

Here you can see some screenshots from the old yards down in the Fsh Creek Valley. That yard has long been abandoned, but the remains can still be seen at google maps.

The 1956-USGS-Topo-Map from that area indicates the yard tracks but it tells nothing about the train yard objectives. So I guess it probably have been a logging yard.

If anybody should know some more detailes about that specific yard near the Fish Creek Viaduct (still in use at the BNFS line from Missoula, MT via Superior and St. Regis, MT to Paradise, MT), please dont hesitate to write me about it. It would especially intresting to know what that yard really was for and when it has been abandoned and dismantled.
    Thank you in advance.

The screens indicates a loaded logging train been pushed back hillup to enter the main track. After the train passed the switch, it turns direction and the locos pulles the train westbound towards St. Regis.

Your's TUME