Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Blog Entries

is there a beginning to end run through of the Avery-Drexel route and all it's spurs?
    rolling stock geek

Well as English is not my first language, I am not sure what you mean.
    At the moment I am working to close the undecorated gap between Superior and St. Regis, MT. After that I need to decorate the route from Three Bridges eastward to Alberton. A little decoration have already been done at Alberton. The terrian only route streches all the way via Nine Mile and Frenchtown nearly to Primrose and I need to decorate that as well. Eventually the route streches also from St.Regis along the NP Route towards northeast and it ends shortly before Paradise, MT. May be I will delete the baseboards shortly behind St. Regis, maybe I will decorate that portion as well - we will see.
    In addition to this I still need to create several different buildings and structures as school buildings for St.Regis, Superior and Alberton, the Court Building at Superior and so on.

Still it is hard to tell something about the time I will need to get everything done at that route. But I hade quite a good progress from the middel of Decembre until now. I could decorate the landscape from Rivulet to Superior, MT - quite a distance.

But if completed users will be able to operate MILW transcon freights between the two crew changing points Alberton and Avery, MT :-)

Your's TUME
    Last edited by tume; January 31st, 2021 at 08:17 PM.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john2002 View Post
    is there a beginning to end run through of the Avery-Drexel route and all it's spurs?
    The route comes with four sessions: two sessions set in the summer, two sessions set in the winter. Two sessions, one in winter, one in summer, cover the Milwaukee Road route between Avery and Drexel, while two sessions, one set in winter and one set in summer, are set on Burlington Northern's Mullan Pass Line, which comes off Milwaukee Road's line at Haugan and goes to Mullan, Montana. The whole route is seasonal, so the route will either be snow-covered or not covered in snow.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Awesome work Tume! May you live long and prosper, that I might live to see Avery to Hyak, Washington in the other direction!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Thank you for your good wishes ... actually today is my 50th. Birthday. As we still needs to de careful because of the pandemic, I will spend this day alone at home.

My plan was to spend the day driving a streetcar for some houers, which would have been like a party for me too. Unfortunately in this week they thinned out the streetcar timetable due to school hollidays. Therefore they dont need any drivers like me - doing street car driving as asecond job.
    Now I will probably do some trainz :-)

But yes, to complete the Milwaukee Road all the way from Harlowton to Tacooma would be great. there are so much nice looking landscapes which would make really fun to decorate. But I would really need a long life to do so :-)
    Perhaps if the terrain only files could be done in a more accurate way. Most of the time building at the Avery-Drexel and at present at the Drexel-Alberton section, I needed to fix wrong formed terrain.

Just a MILW westbound about 2,4 miles west of Superior ...

Your's TUME

Default "State of Progress Video"

And again a large piece of the Milwaukee Road Corridor is created in "Trainz: A New Era" ... and there is a "State of Progress Video" :-)

Your's TUME

Hello tume,

Happy late birthday, the route is looking very nice, a bit more grass would sweeten it greatly.
    "The Dutch Line"

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Tume,
    Wonderful video. I enjoyed it greatly! The route progress looks really good.

Heinrich505

Default West-northwest of Superior, MT

Hello,
    just some views taken west-northwest of Superior, MT.

A BN westbound freigt is crossing Southside Rd while a MILW estbound freight can be seen in the background.

A MILW eastbound freight goes along Clark Fork River and will soon pass Superior, MT. The BN westbound freight from the screen above can be seen in the background.

The same trains seen from another point of view.

The sun rises behind the mountain ranges at Superior, MT. This view has been taken from about 2.2 miles west-northwest of Superior, MT.

The sun rises behind the mountain ranges at Superior, MT. This view has been taken from about 1.3 miles west-northwest of Superior, MT. Back that time the Interstate 90 has been completed between Tarkio und Superior, MT as a four lane motorway. In the middle ground you can see the "change-over lanes" from the completed Interstate 90 section towards the old Highway 10.

Your's TUME
    Last edited by tume; February 11th, 2021 at 08:49 AM.

Default Milwaukee Road Route "Alberton-Avery" - progress video

Another little portion of the Milwaukee Road Route "Alberton-Avery" has been completed and here is the latest progress video:

Your's TUME

Default "Alberton - Avery" progress video and screens

Hello,
    my work at the Milwaukee Road route "Alberton - Avery" (Avery - Drexel route extension to Frenchtown, MT) continues and the progress reaches from Superior, MT moving wastward to St. Regis, MT which has been decorated about two or more years ago.

At the latest progress video you can whatch a MILW eastbound freight crossing under the Highway 10 bridge about 4,8 miles east of St. Regis, MT. This road bridge still is in place and in use while the MILW ROW lost its track at the beginning of the 80's. But noadays the Highway 10 lost its usage as the main road connecting regions since the Interstate 90 has been completed in the area as well.

Have fun watching the video.

The MILW eastbound freight goes under the Highway 10 bridge hwich can be seen in the background.

Looking west near St. Regis which is just about 5 to 6 Miles behind the right border of the screen shot. A MILW as well as a NP train goes eastward.

Your's TUME

WOW! That is one long train! They must not have had any "Beverly Helpers" in Montana Looking great as always!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Tank you for the compliment :-)

Well, they had Boxcab-Helpers over there as well. Mostly the mid-train helpers where used between Avery, ID and Haugan, MT - for both westbound and eastbound trains.
    And usually the eastbound trains continued from Haugan, MT toward Alberton without midtrain helpers. As well as westbound trains left Avery without helpers. During the last years of electrification sometimes diesels where used to provide midtrain help. Especially if the diesels needed to be transfered from the Coast Division to the Montana Division or further east, or in the opposite driection. In such a case the diesels where used as helpers all the way, but this was not quite often as far as I know.
    So our fotagrapher near the Highway 10 bridge had a luckey moment capturing such a special train with diesel helpers :-) :-)

But the length of the trains came from another influence. The crew of such transcontinental trains was defined by the law. As far as I know, two drivers at the loco and two persons in the caboose where required. I dont know if this law also determined the crew numbers of local trains and so on. But as far as I know such long distance trains needed a crew of four. Therefore the RR's wanted to organize long trains to keep the personnel costs per tonn freight as low as possible.

Another piont was (and is) probably that a few long trains are better handable than a large number of shorter trains. But this has also something to do about the equipment of the route - like the number and the lengs of sidings and/or the the proportion of longer, double-track sections of the route as well as the number and the distace of signaled portions and so on :-)

But anyway - I like long train as well :-)

Cool Photos and Videos are looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by tume View Post
    Tank you for the compliment :-)

Well, they had Boxcar-Helpers over there as well. Mostly the mid-train helpers where used between Avery, ID and Haugan, MT - for both westbound and eastbound trains.
    And usually the eastbound trains continued from Haugan, MT toward Alberton without mid-train helpers. As well as westbound trains left Avery without helpers. During the last years of electrification sometimes diesels where used to provide mid-train help. Especially if the diesels needed to be transferred from the Coast Division to the Montana Division or further east, or in the opposite direction. In such a case the diesels where used as helpers all the way, but this was not quite often as far as I know.
    So our photographer near the Highway 10 bridge had a lucky moment capturing such a special train with diesel helpers :-) :-)

But the length of the trains came from another influence. The crew of such transcontinental trains was defined by the law. As far as I know, two drivers at the loco and two persons in the caboose where required. I dont know if this law also determined the crew numbers of local trains and so on. But as far as I know such long distance trains needed a crew of four. Therefore the RR's wanted to organize long trains to keep the personnel costs per tonn freight as low as possible.

Another point was (and is) probably that a few long trains are better hand able than a large number of shorter trains. But this has also something to do about the equipment of the route - like the number and the lengths of sidings and/or the the proportion of longer, double-track sections of the route as well as the number and the distance of signaled portions and so on :-)

But anyway - I like long train as well :-)

Good morning Sir Tume,

Holly Macaroni that's a long train with in the middle DPU's helping push it up the Grade.. Awesome.........

Thank you for wonderful Routes and Creations you've made for us.....I never saw these type of Locomotives, it's really nice to have recreation of this Historical RR..........

They had some massive horsepower, and from what I see, it ran well......!

Cool Video and great news on your expansion.....

Wishing you good Health and Stay safe out there.......

Default Getting closer to St. Regis ...

Thank you everybody for your compliments!

Again a lot of square miles has been completed and the landscape decoration gets closer to St. Regis.
    Here some screens from that area.

Your's TUME