Simulator stuttering

srude

Hello,

Stuttering is caused by ineffcient graphics card performance. To minimize this problem, one must have the correct video drivers loaded in the machine. The other things is this--often, the computer is running things in the backgroung. A little trip with msconfig into the start-up table will show you what all is actually running, besides the simulator.

One should clear out the internet activity records. Stored cookies and website addresses will force the computer to seek an internet connection and if one is found, internet conversations ensue.

To maximize simulator performance, all the background activities should be disabled. Then all that stuff can be re-enabled.

Too much multitasking will bring the best machine to its knees!

Cheers,

srude

I was able to reduce and almost remove the stuttering on 09 by switching off writing to the jetlog. I put -nolog in my trainzoptions file.

Logging can always be switched on if needs be by removing that line in trainzoptions.

Hello,

Stuttering is caused by ineffcient graphics card performance. To minimize this problem, one must have the correct video drivers loaded in the machine. The other things is this--often, the computer is running things in the backgroung. A little trip with msconfig into the start-up table will show you what all is actually running, besides the simulator.

One should clear out the internet activity records. Stored cookies and website addresses will force the computer to seek an internet connection and if one is found, internet conversations ensue.

To maximize simulator performance, all the background activities should be disabled. Then all that stuff can be re-enabled.

Too much multitasking will bring the best machine to its knees!

Cheers,

srude

Well yes that can be one cause, other causes are too many demanding assets in shot, cpu is less powerful than Trainz would like, the hard drive is slower than Trainz would like, you have less than 2.5 gigs of memory with XP, you upgraded to Vista and should have stayed with XP, still trying to run TRS204 on a dual or multicore core processor machine instead of upgrading to TC3 or TRS2009

There are probably a few others as well.

Cheerio John

Back