Really impressed

Tanvaras

Retired old fellow
Hello all,

New Trainz fan here. Finally got my TSR09WBE in the mail today, and loaded it up and runs rather nicely. I am rather pleased since I have read so much negative feedback on this version, but I have been having a ball with it. Something I should of bought along time ago I think.

Ran the tutorials, and ran a few of the basic runs included with the game, but I really looking forward to getting into the railway building. Something I always had as a kid was a model railway, but now being married with 3 very young kiddies its abit too difficult, so my wife offered to buy me this, and glad she did now.

Only grief I got atm is the content manager seems to drag its behind downloading from Aurans site, but I can handle that atm. Was grabbing some of the NSW Double Decker trains, Being a Sydney lad (now living in Adelaide) I rather liked those trains alot, and the Endeavour series as well. Used to catch them alot to and from work.

Anyways, thought I would rejoice and say I finally got it and Aussie post did'nt lose it as I was suspecting LOL. Looking forward to being part of the community, With what I have read and chatted with already its a great bunch of people.

Cheers

Trent

Hey good on ya Trent, welcome! If you want to part with a few more pieces of treasure, Auran offers a "First Class Ticket" which can mightily speed up your downloading!;)

Hello all,

but now being married with 3 very young kiddies its abit too difficult, so my wife offered to buy me this, and glad she did now.

Welcome to trains tanvaras

The trouble is finding the time to do anything, I have 2 kiddies myself and only manage a couple of hours route building a day, not very practicle as my 3 routes are over 30 mile each. It sounds like you have a understanding wife unlike the BQFH that lives with me :hehe:. It's great for kids to learn through, my 3 year old has learnt to count trucks and operate the locos (to a certin extent) and he's learnt some letters using the keyboard controls H = horn etc. Now he's more hooked on trains than me.

Andy

Welcome aboard, Trent - pun kind of unavoidable really.

It's very heartening to read about positive experiences from new members. :cool:

Thanks all,

Played a heap of the senarios last nite til rather late, havent had one issue with TSR09. Got a mate that plays MSTS, think when he sees this over the weekend he wil be buying it as well, Puts MSTS too shame.

Andy - Yes mate finding time to tinker is difficult, Usually got one kiddie on my knee, The Wiggles blasting on the TV for the others, and yes my 2 1/2 yr old has found the horn button and the basic control setup W and X keys to make the trains stop and go. Smat lil guy he is. Another few weeks he be playing it better then I can hehe.

Euphod - Thanks for mentioning that mate, I probably will do that when I ready to get a heap of content, Atm I still tinkering with what came with the initial program. But really keen to get Gmax and designing layouts going as well. But shall start small and work into something larger or it as always will become too much a monster.

Well time to actually do some work, instead of surfing the web. (Bad things of working from home)

Cheers all, and thanks for the welcome.

Trent.

Welcome Trent,

Make sure you update your version of TS2009 if you haven't done already.

============ Doh!!=============

Beaten by 1 minute. :D

Regards

Last edited:
Thanks Meatloaf and Axe,

I installed TS09 and it actually has the latest patch version as per installed, so seems I got an updated version (boxed set) from Auran. But yes I am rather pleased havent had one crash, issue other than a script not firing (the alerter button in Driver mode - abit annoying at times LOL). But I cant say anything bad about the program myself.

I work in the IT/Programming field and this is rather polished compared to programs I have to work with/debug etc.

Cheers all and thanks for the patch mention :)

Trent

Back