Puzzled

ashton145

Hi all,
I am running trainz2004,build 2365,and I am a little puzzled by an entry in the jet log.Could someone be so kind as to tell me what it means.

- 00000590 Prog 0:52.2 Trainz : router message from 1012 'Huntly Coal Ltd' to 1012 'Huntly Coal Ltd', message Animation-Event, animstop
- 00000590 Prog 1:30.4 Trainz : router message from 1012 'Huntly Coal Ltd' to 1012 'Huntly Coal Ltd', message Animation-Event, animstop
- 00000590 Prog 1:45.7 Trainz : GSNode::RequestMessage> source is not attached to router.

My Computer is a 2 core duo,with a 256MB PCI Express video card.I am currently running 2gig of memory.Trainz objects tells me I have no unknown objects.everything shows up in TO,but when I load trainz up it tells me I have missing content.I have been around my map a hundred times and I can't see what is missing.All I can see missing is a couple of assets missing in surveyor.When in surveyor I went to the menu and clicked on delete missing assets.Well that didn't work no matter how many times I clicked it.I deleted the missing assets manually.That didn't help.I go back into surveyor and get the same message about missing content,I load the map anyway.:'(

Did I mention that by now I am,Frustrated.The computer is clean,no viruses or malware,registry is clean and the drive defragmented.We are running XP Pro with SP3.This problem has only started in the last couple of weeks.My whistle rule won't show up so I can't use that,and now My haybarn industry has done a bunk and TO tells me that it is no longer part of my map:eek:

SO I manually deleted the haybarn industry,and downloaded again.the download station told me that the asset was loaded in ok.I load up trainz yet again,get the same message about missing content,load the map,haybarn is still missing so I go to add it,and guess what,it is in the list but not picture of it.When I clicked on the wording it too disappeared.I have deleted the chump file each time before I loaded up Trainz.I have checked config files till I am blue in the face.I have gone thru past posts in the forum and cannot find an answer.Is there an answer to this.I place myself in your hands.Thanks to all

Hi

If an object shows in Surveyor then disappears when you select it then it probably has missing dependencies.
find the object in TO and right click to find the "check for missing dependencies" choice.

if its an industry active item you could be missing the product it uses, that can cause problems.

hope this helps

cheers
Roy

Fill the list

Exactly as cathouse said, check the config for table list and be sure you have all of them, also check that all the letters and numbers are correct!

Active

Yes, I agree. If it's an Active industry then you will need all the products it supports. One or more is probably missing.

Angela

haybarn industry has done a bunk
If my memory serves me here, the config file for the haybarn industry calls for a Deere tractor or combine or baler. As said above open the config and make sure you have all the kuids listed.

Thanks for the reply people.I have checked all the dependencies and re-downloaded the industry complete with the baler but still get the same result.The config file looks ok and everything looks to be in place.I have the haybale product so all appears normal.I still don't understand the jet log though,or why the whistle rule does not show.I am very careful when doing downloads and try to make sure that I get everything.TO tells me everything is ok when I do the checks,and I have the latest version of it,however I will check again.But thank you all for your replies,greatly appreciated,that is what makes this community so great to be a part of.Thank you.

I have the same version of Trainz as you do and had a similar problem. What happen was I "upgraded" an item by downloading a newer version yet my map required an older version. Thereafter, every time I loaded the map I would get an error missing content when none was missing. I delete the newer kuid and rebuilt the chump file then download the old kuid. Problem solved.

btw I hate upgrades that why I still use TRS2004.:hehe:

Thanks again to all who have replied,but the situation is now getting worse.I have checked all dependencies and all show as correct,but I am now not getting my haybale product to show at all,so I have come to a decision.I am going to remove all rolling stock from the map as well as remove all industries.I am just going to leave the rail and my ground map with the trees and buildings.if I still get problems I will then remove all buildings and then the trees,I will continue to work backwards until I have this problem sorted.3 years work,but one way or the other I will find out what is causing this to happen.once again thanks to all who have tried to help.

:D:D:DWell further to the above posts,I am hear to tell you that I found the cause of my problems.As suggested above it was a missing dependency.I had the haybale product,the baler,but on checking the config file I also found I needed a tractor.Now all is well.Thanks to all those that posted

Back