Japan

Nathanmallard: Nice pics
SS3B_5235: am looking forward to see pics of it.

Railshuttle: There is only one depot at the moment, Docks in the future (second release planned) will have the other end but as an temporarily area where the tunnel towards docks is starting you can load containers on the train at one siding, freight route drives trough most of the map (load/Minato/Nagakaido tunnel/Furusato-Higashi/Higashi/Iwayama Depot/unload/Higashi/Nagakaido tunnel/Minato)

Pagroove: No I am testing the ai now to know what tracks I still have to add to let it run as good as possible and when all tracks are done I can complete ai without finishing the detailing on the map. Also looking forward to your 3.0 release.

In the pic you can see the map of the route in it's current state, I will add that the start of Higashi till the w.i.p. area and the entire area north of w.i.p. are older locations that need alot of finedetailing for it to be finished, the rest of the map is already ready for release (except wip areas) but I don't want to release an half finished map.
trainzmap_zpspkomrpdu.png

With testing of freight I had to make an small underground section till Iwayama since freight coming out of the depot would interfere to much with local trains, It still has to go trought local lines and wait at an few points but it isn't an problem for other trains anymore, funny enough because of the new section I have made an possibility for an future area going East of the map, not sure what it would be but I will likely start working on it when the Docks extension is finished.

As last just an few tests left with ai and ai is complete, 21 ai trains up and running(11 local, 3 shinkansen, 3 trams, 1 limited express, 3 freight loco's of which 2 are shunting and taking over at both ends of the freight route.)

I'm going to be out for some time

Hey guys I am going to be out of town for three weeks, I haven't uploaded anything because I have had other priorities. I will show you this JR Hokutosei Inspired SDP40F, I've Code named DE4300A

fjz8ZCk.png

I swear it almost looks like a VIA rail Locomotive, anyways I wanted make a JR blue train painted locomotive to use as a template for making a paint scheme that honors past Blue Trains by using the Head drum or Head markers found on the locomotives of Blue trains past, then the artwork from the drum heads would be meshed together in a way that when you couple another locomotive back to back, it creates a sort of mural by having the left and right side of the locomotive painted differently, but their paint scheme would create one continuous art piece. This would make for quite a sight in japan considering that most of the trains are Cape gauged. I've given this unit an H.E.P. fan in place of the steam vent.

Here's a video I wanted to make to show what I have done to configure Kenichiro's Content for Trainz 12, I will working on this video later once I can ask Andi if he could host the updated versions of Kenichiro's content on his site.

SS3B_5235: I use photobucket for pictures
Marinemania: Looks interesting to see an us loco in japanese livery and it does indeed look a bit like Via rail.

This is the bogey of EF62
178338443201506212336323526567826494_003.jpg

And this is the body of EF62
178338443201506212336323526567826494_002.jpg

If the picture can not show, you can click this website:
http://my.poco.cn/album/album_show_details.htx&item_id=209516844&no=1&user_id=178338443

Last edited:
The last days I worked on implementing the new Maglev Line for Electro Island 3.0. Today it opened.

Here's the official press release:
-------------------------------------
Northtropp – Today phase 1 of the Airport Connect Maglev opened. Connecting to the International terminal and the TGV station already in place. Hundreds of people attended the opening ceremony and on excactly 09:00 AM the first Southbound L0 Maglev left the terminal on its 21.69 km long way to Novaville. It covers this distance in about 7 minutes.

The line offers citizens from Novaville and Toshin a super fast connection to Northtropp Airport. In Novaville the line offers excellent conventional rail connections to both Toshin and Toshin International Airport. The line runs at a operational speed of 450 km/h or 279 mph. It reaches this speed just before entering the Tunnels at Southeast of Northtropp. It then runs half a minute at this speed before braking the entire way to Novaville.

Both Maglev tracks are bidirectional and operate in automated shuttle mode. This means that when the train at the Northtropp end departs the train on the Novaville side will also depart.

Phase 2 will see a possible extension to Colden International Airport. If this is realized then the need for transfer flights between the Airports on Electro Island will decline. Although some Airlines will still offer them to passengers especially if their flight is a multi stop journey.
--------------

I also made a new sound for the Maglev as I didn't find the included sound very realistic (sorry Hirochi) but I like the trains themselves. I will probably release this sound separate as 'Maglev Sound' in the near future.

On to the pics: (still in work in progress phase)

ML1.png

ML2.png

ML3.png

In front of Runway 27 where a JAL (Japan Airlines) 767 is just entering the runway. Maglev is running 120 km/h here.

ML4.png

Northtropp Southgate. A new office development with excellent views on Northtropp Airport and the Maglev line.
Maglev is just beginning its acceleration to 450 km at this point. It runs about 180 km/h on the spot where the screenshot is taken.

ML5.png

Maglev Control Center just Southeast of Northtropp. From here the Malgev system is monitored and automated. Speed here is 450 km/h.

ML6.png

The Southbound Maglev just South of Perkerson Park where a observation terrace was built for tourists. Southbound Maglev still runs at about 300 km/h here. Northbound Maglev has already passed in the long tunnel under the National Park. But blasts past this spot at 450 km/h.

ML8.png

Above the Town of Mikado tourists can visit Mikado Peak which offers excellent views on the Maglev running on the East Coast of Electro island.

ML7.png

When you look to the other side you will see the Hotel at the top of Mikado Peak with view on Mikado and the Colden Shinkansen.

ML10.png

Last edited:
yeah I was wondering the same thing If it curved or not. can't see this thing pulling 500 on a hairpin turn. Still, very nice pics pagroove!! You got that LV route up and running faster than I thought!! Oh yeah, A big thanks for showing me how to edit the engine sounds!! I was finally able to fix the sound on the keimei airport express train and the orange and white train I'm using as the Sanito Line local service. I also found out how to edit cab views as well.

yeah I was wondering the same thing If it curved or not. can't see this thing pulling 500 on a hairpin turn. Still, very nice pics pagroove!! You got that LV route up and running faster than I thought!! Oh yeah, A big thanks for showing me how to edit the engine sounds!! I was finally able to fix the sound on the keimei airport express train and the orange and white train I'm using as the Sanito Line local service. I also found out how to edit cab views as well.

Well I assume it can curve as they are planning a terminal under Shinagawa station. Under a certain speed this thing has wheels and they retract at higher speeds. The curves in my Maglev track are very gentle. The 450 km section curves just a bit but is mostly straight. Only near the stations the curves are a bit tighter (like in the screenshots) but on those sections it is doing 120 km/h or slower.

As you can see on this page there are also some curves in the real thing too. They say it is going to be an 'almost straight line'. The radius of the fast speed curves just have to be very large. Just a like an airplane.

Link with more info and a map of the possible planned route:
http://www.nippon.com/en/features/h00041/

Ah great you got the engine sounds sorted. Did you also tried my new shinkansen sounds? Don't forget that you als can disable the irritating Trainz click clack sound which is not very realistic for modern trains by adding the following line in your trainzoptions.txt: -disablerailjointsound

Last edited:
So today I'm going to try Making some Japanese railroad crossing barriers but of course I don't have anyone to script the lights so I'm just doing the gates today.

good luck on that, titan. It would be cool to see some modern day crossings.
Pagroov: I haven't toyed around with the shinkansen sounds yet. I pretty much wanted to fix the trains that I got running on my route now but I'll get to them eventually. I didn't know the Linear had wheels. so they kinda fold up like an airplane and let the magnets take over? I'm sure one of the big concerns would be what if there was a lightning storm? Well seeing that It can curve looking at the map from the web site link you posted and it seems to go through more mountains than the bullet trains would. I just may try to set up a Linear route from Sanito to Quad City and see how that turns out but right now, I've still got work to do. on the S.I.R.L as a whole.
Speaking of which, The East Indavalley line is now done!! The route goes under a small tunnel and links up with the Main line at the edge of South Union City. The over head wires are different because it's the Central Zone of the S.I.R.L but the voltage is universal LOL!! A stub siding north of the large station was made for both East and main line Indavalley trains to rest up and prepare for the return trip to their respected terminals. To the Left is (or was..for now) The South union freight yard where the CN interchanged with the BNSF. South Union is the BNSF northen end of its 150 mile route (To be done later.) To the right is the City of South Union Which I'm rehabbing with new downtown buildings. The Bullet train station is still there and the overhead connection was made to the commuter terminal.
Now I will turn my attention to redoing the American freight line Norfolk Southern that also runs in the Eastern Zone. Though I won't be posting pictures of that I will be posting pics of my progress with the NG West Sanito line afterwards. In the meantime, enjoy my latest crop of pics. Take care everyone!!
439453477a99009a23c012eab98d118d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have one unknown KUID for Electro Island 2.1.
Unknown Location: <kuid:338927:100071>
Already tried trainzkuidindex.

Well I didnt reply here for ages... but excuse me i was busy graduating so yeah... Nice pictures from all of you. I probably can continue on routes now... if my brain actually gives me ideas and such...

I have one unknown KUID for Electro Island 2.1.
Unknown Location: <kuid:338927:100071>
Already tried trainzkuidindex.

Hi jonwray,

338927 is my user ID. Kuid missing is probably my Shinkansen station sound old version. I didn't include that in the release but the sounds where placed in the landscape. So the missing kuid is non critical for running the layout. Still sorry for the missing kuid message. Hopefully will fix this in the 3.0. release.

Well I didnt reply here for ages... but excuse me i was busy graduating so yeah... Nice pictures from all of you. I probably can continue on routes now... if my brain actually gives me ideas and such...

Hi TheNicofabi. Ah RealLife (TM) Can happen of of course ;) Congrats with graduating. I've thought you where gone from Trainz but luckily still here :). Please post a nice pic of vid when you're up to it. You where on steam with your new route.

Hi TheNicofabi. Ah RealLife (TM) Can happen of of course ;) Congrats with graduating. I've thought you where gone from Trainz but luckily still here :). Please post a nice pic of vid when you're up to it. You where on steam with your new route.

Well... i did post videos of trainz still... but also yeah... i am always pretty good at the beginning of my routes... but then they just drop my brain into nothing T.T

@ Railshuttle. Very nice progress.

Your route is big. A 150 mile section is what I can only dream of. :). Still hope that you can release it some time. Would be nice to see more Japan influenced routes released.

SS3B_5235: Picture doesn't show up but link works, good progress already.
Pagroove: looks great, it will add more variety to your route.

Now about my route's progress it's not much but I tried to run it on tane already and sadly there are several unknown objects that I used to much on the route which most of are ts12 builtin, hopefully an future servicepack might solve that.

Now the largest problem I encountered is that one of the objects is the main track used for 1067mm (NZR Track Main 42-70), it isn't on download station and the site I got it from the link towards it is down so I have to choose an different track now.
I could replace it with Nippon 1067mm track but it reduces performance which I think is because of high policount, I will search next days on download station for an good replacement.

Last edited:
Back