Japan

I just changed the track model used on some of Hirochi's Shinkansen Bridges How does it look?

Wlrjoi3.jpg

AP6q2xq.jpg

2y5iE64.jpg

@Matura: I am finding it very easy now to create a small city very quickly now than before thank you for your content.

I just changed the track model used on some of Hirochi's Shinkansen Bridges How does it looK?
@Matura: I am finding it very easy now to create a small city very quickly now than before thank you for your content.

Wow that looks fantastic. How do you do that?
It gives a new depth to the Japan content.

great job Hirochi!! I'm hoping to get this train set up somewhere on my route. Maybe the future northern extension North of Quad City. All that's needed now is the stations for the Linear. Thanks pagroov, It would be cool if you could link your future airports with the Linear on your updated Elector Island. Hey do you know which line is the romance train line? I know it's around Toshin somewhere but there are so many new tracks there. The new tracks look pretty cool marinemania. Have you tried the high speed tracks? I don't know if they are around anymore on the DS but they were sweet!!

:Hey do you know which line is the romance train line? I know it's around Toshin somewhere but there are so many new tracks there.

Hi Railshuttle. If you download the complete release session or the Japanese lines only session you find that there is a VSE 30000 ready to depart at Toshin Central. It then runs South and crosses under the Shinkansen line. From there it heads east over the Toshin River bridge. I think you have already driven that line as I can remember a screenshot from you on this bridge. That line is for now the Romancecar line. But that will be extended to.

I also still promised to do a tutorial with screenshots for you to show how you replace the engine sounds. I haven't forgotten it but I'm still too busy building.

Without screenshots the rough steps are:

1. Open Content Manager
2. Search for the Train you want to replace the engine sound
3 If it is a multiple unit then make sure you have each unit of the train listed (if you search on keyword you normally should have a list of all units in the train. However this isn't always sequential)
4 Click right on the unit.
5 Choose edit in Content Creator
6 Content Creator opens
7 Now take some time to look at the screen if you scroll down you should see a field called engine or engine sound
8 If you click on this you should see a list of all available engine sounds in the game and sounds you have downloaded. This is a long list and sometimes you have to scroll to find the sound
9 Choose the sound you need
10 Check if the sound is chosen
11 Save the config (CTRL + S)
12 Commit the asset(CTRL + M) (It will be committed locally)
13 Now repeat for the other units if the unit is a multiple unit or EMU. Don't forget to commit locally (CTRL+M)

In general you can do nothing really wrong here. Just make sure that you don't upload any of the adapted content. Although nowadays there are sufficient steps to prevent that from happening.

Of course to replace an engine sound you first have to download it.

To repeat: When adapting a Shinkansen train or any other Japanese EMU bear in mind that you have to replace the engine sound for each unit in the train set. As for example an N700 has multiple engines. Otherwise you still hear a mixture of old and new engine sounds. It can be an exhausting but rewarding thing to do.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get that Liner Station! I also got the E257 from Jtrainz which is an amazing set. And has any one herd of shibuya station, known for Hachiko the faithful dog?

good progress Hirochi
Marinemania: good to see Kenichiro old content being fixed + rework of bridges.

I started testing the ai again of my route and till now I have 15 ai trains running with little trouble, still need to check the entire route of the container freight train and trams, I also figured out it was best if shinkansen got an seperate platform at Danchi station and how it looks like you can see in the next pics.
trainz%202015-06-09%2019-18-42-97_zpsvlqlbbqa.png

The station with ending of Shinkansen, I also recieved Andi's new Keihan 8000 limited express.
trainz%202015-06-09%2019-34-09-68_zpscssjqhwm.png

The middle platform.
trainz%202015-06-09%2020-10-43-81_zps2qcnkfso.png

The middle platform taken from the interior of the Keihan 8000.
trainz%202015-06-09%2019-21-15-89_zpsl9b7fitd.png

The other end of the station with one platform extended for 8 car shinkansen.
trainz%202015-06-09%2019-31-05-79_zpseuauvjn7.png

I had to make an overpass with the shinkansen to get it to the other side of the station, you see the start here.
trainz%202015-06-09%2019-28-46-47_zpsijuugjo4.png

The middle section of the overpass.

Fantastic pics Acelaamtrak. Does testing means that you are in a pre-release phase? Really great Trains too.
@ Hirochi very nice Linear Station.

Ah!! the Linear will get a station soon! great news!! great pics of your layout Acelaamtrak. Giving the bullets their own terminal was a good idea. Sharing the rails with slower trains must be pretty hard and your signals must be working overtime to keep those ai trains form crashing into each other. Your container trains should have a simpler route to follow from one container terminal to the next (unless you got more than two container stations on the layout now.) The 8000 limited express looks great too. Have you considered making like a video of your layout in action? IT would be a great way to promote both your layout and Andi's trains.
Thanks for the info on the engine sound swap pagroov. I only wish there was a way to hear the engine sounds in the content editor and that way you will know which ones are good and the ones that suck. I wanted to swap cab views too becasue if you look at the first pic, that is the cab view of most of Keimei's trains including the galaxy express and the yamaguchi train i'm running on my E. I line. I would like to replace it with Hiochi's cab view that he made for the revamped diesel cars. I used the onrage one to explore yet another NG line I found. It links to a container station where I decided to give the newly downloaded container cars and engines for a little spin.. Lastly I've redone my last tunnel on the East Indavalley line rehab and have reached the town of New Castle. From there it's on to the last stop: South Union, Transfer to the Shinkansen, Indavalley Main line, Quad City Metro, The BNSF Lancatot commuter line, and Southwest Amtrack Service. I'll have my work cut out for me because I'll have to rebuild the South Union station. Only the bullet train station is there for now. Well take care everyone and enjoy the pics!!
a001e0ab6c7f07c3dc91e69e37fcc6fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

From my latest, not strictly Japanese but definitely Japanese-influenced route:-
d5175ab3c697dd629a78782b25ac6515.jpg

2166a775f4b24cd25c9f08041726f685.jpg

4e6e3f9f14277d87692a991990682272.jpg

b183d9866b36b08343fc8dc77b2938dd.jpg

f6af77934b1d6e9f93c0210d32ff82c6.jpg

Also, memo for next time, never try and run a Shinkansen full-speed on a route with sidings whilst you've got the junctions hidden:
3eda21b9489d28f73ca097686e748b11.jpg

Oops.

Hi guys. Nice work from all of you.
Quick news. I'm going to change from TS2009 to TS2012 this weekend with all my stuff. Quite scares me in what state I find my objects after that conversion. Not to mention the maps. Wish me luck.:confused:

Hi guys. Nice work from all of you.
Quick news. I'm going to change from TS2009 to TS2012 this weekend with all my stuff. Quite scares me in what state I find my objects after that conversion. Not to mention the maps. Wish me luck.:confused:

@Railshuttle and @ Nathanmallard:

Nice pics! Keep 'm coming.

@ Hirochi.

A great Maglev station

@Matura

A conversion to Ts12 should be doable. Also a point to consider is which version you want to use for TS12. Probably the best to patch TS12 up to the heights version for compatibility although it is not the best performing build. Good luck.:)

EDIT: Backup before you begin the whole operation.

Last edited:
EDIT: Backup before you begin the whole operation.

Once I lost my map. I have always two backups since then. :) But even with backup it's pain in bottom part of body to import all stuff back to clean Trainz. For me it tooks always entire day or more.

My last progress before conversion: here

Behind the scenes I'm working on Electro Island 3.0. So I implemented the following features:

- 3 International Airports: Northropp Intl., Toshin Intl, and Colden Intl. Those 3 airports are fulfilling different Roles. Also there are flights in between them.
- Furthermore there are 4 air portals. (I used the re-rail portals for this as you can place this in the sky also for injecting traffic and receiving traffic).
- Implemented a lot of Jet routes and general aviation routes.

Still in progress

- Fine-tuning and testing pushback positions on all airfields. And testing most taxiroutes. Also on wingspan. You know an A380 has a very large wingspan and needs a lot of space :).
- Implementing a helicopter network with routes. So far I got 3 heliports with routes in between them.
- Placing gondelas to some high peaks (I use the one by Cyberstorm and I can recommend this if you make a mountain route)
- Did some fixing in sessions where the Shinkansen did not stop. Turns out this is due to wrong platform length defined in the invisible stations. Began fixing all sessions as the 2.1. sessions also have this fault.
- Implemented a road network where you can drive the drivable Volkswagen on. At the moment there are some roads around Colden where you can drive on.
- Implemented a walking route where you can walk with a drivable person.
- Implemented some new Hirochi Shinkansen elements near the tunnel at Shin Okonimi

Still todo:

Blue line lengthening to at least Toshin Airport
Research for a sensible L0 line. But now waiting for the stations

In short version 3.0 will be the ultimate version where you can go Trainzing, Driving, Flying, take a helicopter, take a boat or even walk.

Last edited:
AVAILABLE DLS

JRH LINEAR Engine2 <KUID2:461543:100298:1>
JMA LINEAR STATION JPN <KUID:461543:100308>
JRH LINEAR L0-2 <KUID2:461543:100292:1>
JRH LINEAR MLX01-1 <KUID:461543:100139>
JRH LINEAR MLX01-22 <KUID:461543:100304>

index

index

index

Very nice Hirochi. Now searching for some room left to run this train. Or maybe put it in another route :). E7 next? (Just joking ;). I'm grateful for every train you make )

Our team is making an electric locomotive, which is from shimonoseki EF62 electric locomotive, estimates that soon will be able to meet with you:DI will updata the picture soon

Last edited:
Back