Japan

something odd happened when I downloaded the JR 223 and 225 trainsets. the trailer cars showed up on my trains 12 but the MC (the head cars) did not appear. I redowloaded all the kluds and still the same. the trailer cars appear but the head cab cars the MC's do. I guess i can only hope they get updated for trainsz 12. I was able to get the Tokaido local train The solid blue 103 series to work. I just need the limited expresses to join them.

Railshuttle: JR223? I guess you mean the 321 Series, I also hope Keimei would update the remaining content since I might take my own route to trainz 12 in the future but I am not sure if he/she is still active, I have not seen any post's or content for some time, might just be a well deserved break (Since he/she made alot of content for japan and even very fast) from trainz.

Pagroove: Nice progress on your route

Other I wanted to show 2 pics of my route.
sagodacentral3.jpg

This is the area before Sagoda Central (Which you could see a bit in the upper right corner.

sagodaoilrefinery.jpg

This is Sagoda Oil Refinery, freight trains are for the airport, Would like to know if I can improve something on both area's.

Other Seems the Shinkansen 200 is also now retired.

yeah the 321'1 the head cars don't show but the trailer cars do. weird!! That's a nice route you're building there, Acelaamtrak. what train is that on the bullet train tracks in the first pic? I'm no design expert though. maybe fence off the tracks in the refinery with an industrial fence to protect them form oil spills. is the Refinery interactive where you can load up the tank cars to take to the airport?

recently I've been looking at some cab view footage of Japan trains in you tube and noticed there are a bunch of newer commuter trains out and the classic 103s have all been replaced. Also, is there some move from the old narrow gauge to the standard gauge now? most of the newer lines seem to be standard gauge now.

Last edited:
Railshuttle: I just did an quick download and test of 321 series for trainz 12 and I can use the full set even when I already noted some other problems (very hard jet engine sound when driving?)

I also noted there where 2 versions in content manager like for the JR321_Mc end head car with pantograph the kuid numbers Kuid:438196:10321 and Kuid2:438196:10321:1 which the last one is most likely an update, try to update the 2 headcars or remove and redownload both without update if was updated already, this might work, maybe an other solution is changing kuids in the content creator but I don't know much about how the program exactly works.
(I also have same problem with an other train (ICE2) where the control car doesn't show up in trainz 2009, but it does in 12)

The train is Hanshin 1000 from Keimei (not sure if updated for trainz 12) and I just use the shinkansen bridge for both shinkansen and normal trains.
For the Refinery, from the left ai trains are dropping crude oil from the docks and to the right trains are picking up the kerosine and take it the the airfield (even when I keep having problems with the freight ai, luckely I got the other 44 ai trains for passengers working as intended now.:))

ok then I'll see if i can redownload the head cars. and overwrite the one i got existing. If not I'll just wait for the update. the Hanshin 1000 I'll see if i can get it to work for 12. 44 ai trains?!! you can put that many trains in a layout?! I didn't know that. must be alot of work!! was wondering was there any interactive freight cars for japan. they don't really have much in terms of freight. just oil and container units.

I have Keimei's electric trains loaded in 2012, seem to work ok but no horn?, Find the Modern electric engines a little hard on the hearing, too high pitched for me.
Have all 3 Hanshin 1xxx, 5xxx & 9xxx loaded and the JNR 225/4 & 320/1's loaded plus many others of his really like the Eiden Kirara 9xx series, very nice models with great interiors, what this about the drivers playing packman in the cabs....

Tom

aggh!! no dice!! still cant get the 320 mcs to work only the trailer cars. I'll just delete em and wait for the update. on the plus side, I got all his DD51 freight locomotives to work and I've got them running on the Kiha Japan route i recently downloaded. Also the Kesai airport express train and the O series bullet train works too. Now if only I could get the 113, the 500 and 700 series nozomi and Railstar to appear in 12.....................

Railshuttle: JR223? I guess you mean the 321 Series, I also hope Keimei would update the remaining content since I might take my own route to trainz 12 in the future but I am not sure if he/she is still active, I have not seen any post's or content for some time, might just be a well deserved break (Since he/she made alot of content for japan and even very fast) from trainz.

Pagroove: Nice progress on your route

Other I wanted to show 2 pics of my route.

This is the area before Sagoda Central (Which you could see a bit in the upper right corner.

This is Sagoda Oil Refinery, freight trains are for the airport, Would like to know if I can improve something on both area's.

Other Seems the Shinkansen 200 is also now retired.

Hi Acelaamtrak. Long time no see. Yes. Keimei is pretty quiet. I hope he is all right. Maybe he's indeed taking a break from Trainz. Anyway good progress on your Route. Are you running all your 44 AI trains without problems? So far I have 27 AI trains running.

Also did some sound work. I made a Shinkansen 0 sound. I try to release that soon and also a Shinkansen500 sound (not entirely content yet).

Hi Acelaamtrak. Long time no see. Yes. Keimei is pretty quiet. I hope he is all right. Maybe he's indeed taking a break from Trainz. Anyway good progress on your Route. Are you running all your 44 AI trains without problems? So far I have 27 AI trains running.

Not fully but I find it good enough, after many tests I spot no problems anymore for the first hour of test and after 2 hours all 44 are still driving with correct previous and next trackmarks/stations and correct placement of trains (01-02-03), I also didn't notice any station overrunning anymore, even through the spacing between trains seems to be or too short or too long after 1 hour but I figured out why already and it is noticeable because time between next train of both shinkansen and cityline is around 5 minutes at mainstations (I wanted too create an busy route)

Other Problems I noted are stopping at signals because of uncorrect direction for trains but the ai trains solve it themself directly when stopped and this is only when there was another ai train driving before arrival at station/trackmark (which happens because Airport line has limited stops and is partly driving at the same route.)

I also made the route a bit more ai friendly at some points like Hokaru Sagoda shown here (going to change visually in future)
hokarusagoda.jpg

Originally this was only the 4 tracks with the 2 middle for shinkansen, I created left an tunnel (I think I will combine it with left bridge) and right an bridge for Airport line that doesn't stop here and since it is also one endstation of Cityline (which returns via an half loop bridge which continuous via left bridge untill the end of left platform) it was causing problems since Airport Line doesn't want to wait for citytrains at a platform where it doesn't stop, now this way it works perfect :).

Freight is a different story ;), problems with (un)loading and sometimes even derailing :confused: but I am happy the rest works well enough.

Also an tip when wanted to create session with many trains driving at same time is to give both trains (frontcar) and drivers names like for example what I did: Driver (SCL01) with train E331 (SCL01) what means Sagoda City Line so you can spot better which train has problems when reported in messages and see the train better on minimap.

nice pic. I'm still at odds with how the heck are you guys running like 44 ai trains. this must be a really big route otherwise the trains will be on top of each other in no time. Out of curiosity just how long is this route and will it be playable for trainz 12? I was looking into the content manager and saw that the JR_cab was faulty. I suspect this is why the 321 MC head car isn't showing up. I'll delete it and try to download it again. hope that works.

Last edited:
well i'm pleased to announce I got the 321 head and trailer cars working so now I have the entire train.!! I'm gonna see If the 225 series will work now.

Hi all.
I've recieved the mail from n3v that says many of my asset on the DLS must be repaired according to 'Download_Station_Cleanup'. but...

- Too many assets are listed up to 'repair'. But I have no time to repair all.
- All of my assets have 'no error' on my TS09/TS12. So I cannot understand what 'repair' means.

And more...

I've upload new train cars to DLS, but n3v rejected them because of error. Though these trains have 'no error'.

So I stop uploading my new assets onto DLS until n3v changes its mind of 'Cleanup'. And you know, some of my assets will be removed from DLS by n3v's 'Cleanup'. And, many good old assets other than mine will be lost from DLS. Download them NOW ASAP.

Hey Keimei. wanted to thank you for all the cool stuff you've made so far. I'm curious about the "new trains" that got rejected. do you have a pic of them? could they be downloaded form your site instead of the download station? Oh yeah, the steam engines you uploaded are cool but are missing the tenders.
Tycoonkid6: good luck on your route. one question though. what train is that in the promo pics on your site?

Hi Keimei, wounder do you have the patches loaded, wounder if there causing the new errors, I stil have 2012 without and never got errors

Just a thought

Love your great items and trains
Tom
l

There's a chance that the asset would have errors in TS12 SP1, such as a thumbnail has to be 240 x 180 and it has to be there, or else it's faulty (they're compulsory now)

Jamie

Railshuttle: Good to hear you got the 321 series working, about the route I am not sure how long my route is, have not measured it yet except for cityroute which is around 33km where are 16 to 20 trains driving at the same time, shinkansen is divided on different track in an loop where are 18 trains driving and about release I am not sure if I release my route and if I just can release it since it is coupled with another route (Winter in Alps) where I originally started, the route is also now in trainz 2009.

Keimei: from content manager I don't see any problems noted (except for driver Neko which has 'asset does not have a mesh that is visible by default' but i notice noting wrong ingame), Don't know about ts12 since I don't use it much but in content manager I get these errors.

k_ishigaki JP1/2/3 and Asphalt JP01 : "Warning: Required tag 'normal-texture' was missing and has been set to default." and second for k_ishigaki JP1/2/3 "Warning: An image file ('ishigaki02.tga') has been supplied where a texture file ('*.texture.txt') is required."

Many Carz objects + kDBcar + bus (I think all, but I have not all content in ts12): "Error: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'nightmode' in 'scenery-trackside'."

JP buffer w/shock absorber : "Warning: Required tag 'function' was missing and has been set to default."

I have only imported the content from ts2009 into ts12 of my route so a part of your content I have not downloaded yet in ts12, I also have no updates yet installed so maybe these caused more errors or solved some?

I notice some new content from you on download station so maybe it is still passed after some time? (some updated steam locs, 2 new tankcars and new "NOTO NT200 wraping"(nice train also is that Rumia from Touhou?;)) from the trains)

man that sound's like a pretty interesting route. I recently bagged some J-trains from Hiroshi but I can't get his ef81 freight locomotives to appear. and trains12 did'nt come with the ef81 locomotive unlike trainz2006. Now I just need to find the author of the 700 series nozomi and my bullet train collection will be complete unless someone has made the komachi bullet train. good luck on your route accelaamtrack and hope in the future it will be playable in trainz 12
I wanted to post some pictures I took while playing the kiha japan layout but how do you post pics off your pc?

Back